We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eexcursion in Ushuaia

philadelphia
9 posts
Save Topic
Eexcursion in Ushuaia

In March 2014 after return from Antarctica cruise, I want to stay in Ushuaia and nearby area for short of time. Here is the list of places I'd like to visit: the Strait of Magellan, Cape Horn, the postal office of end of the world, and Tierra del Fuego National Park.

Is one day enough to cover Tierra del Fuego and the southernmost postal office? Is there local public transportation to these places?

How can I reach Magellan and Cape Horn? From the map, they seem a little bit far from Ushuaia.(I can give up these two places if it's hard to reach or time consuming). And what activities can I do there?

Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks.

Rockville Centre...
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Eexcursion in Ushuaia

Hotel Viejo Lobo de Mar is about 1/4 mile from the dock at Ushuaia; an easy walk -- don't know a thing about Viator though, but if they can't/won't pick you up there, try Comapa, which is just across the street from the hotel. Also, what cruise ship? If it's Cruceros Australis from Punta Arenas ("Via Australis" or "Stella Australis"), they can surely make the necessary arrangements for you. Presumably, you're spending the night at some hotel in Ushuaia? If so, maybe the simplest thing is to simply go to that hotel, check in, then do the train ride/park visit, and return to that hotel.

Fillmore, New York
Level Contributor
25 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Eexcursion in Ushuaia

thanks for your input we will be on ship Golden Princess and out for 1 day

Rockville Centre...
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Eexcursion in Ushuaia

Sorry to say I don't know a thing about the Golden Princess, but if all else fails you can just debark, walk into town and make arrangements for the combo train/park tour. Or maybe someone on the ship can take care of this for you -- I think they've been calling at Ushuaia for years, so surely they know the best way to get to the train/park and back before departure time. And if you wind up with time to spare, maybe you can hit the Naval Museum too.

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Eexcursion in Ushuaia

hello, I hear that you are taking a cruise to Antarctica, I have a recommendation of a great travel agent.

I recommend : (Visit their website at www.antarcticatravels.com) Antarctica Travels; located at :San Martin 1306 Ushuaia 09410 Argentina Tel: +54 2901 434373 URL: http://antarcticatravels.com E-mail: alicia@antarcticatravels.com Their profile reads: Well over a decade of experience has made Alicia one of the most experienced land-based Antarctic tour agents in Ushuaia. She has even earned the prestige of being the Lonely Planet's recommended agent for Antarctic expeditions. Alicia is the best choice to book with because she has personally been on, and knows members of the crew on every vessel she represents, and can therefore match you with the best shipboard experience for your travel needs.

Rockville Centre...
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Eexcursion in Ushuaia

To jesseboy889, -- not sure who you were replying to, but I do an annual trip to Ushuaia to do a series of lecture/presentations on a cruise ship between there and Punta Arenas, so no Antarctica for me. (Not yet, anway). As for others in this thread who are going to Antarctica, I think most, if not all, have already made their travel plans. But, who knows?

16. Re: Eexcursion in Ushuaia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, August 05, 2013
17. Re: Eexcursion in Ushuaia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 07, 2014