We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from mendoza to usuaia

Which Ushuaia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
amsterdam
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
travel from mendoza to usuaia

Hi we would like to rent a car and drive from Mendoza to Usuaia, maybe take 6 days to do just that with overstay in 2 or three places. Is that recommended, and if no, any other better options?

Thanks!

amsterdam
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: travel from mendoza to usuaia

In trying to book to ushuaia from.mendoza there were very high ticketprices offered. Is there any chance by booking when i get there, for getting better deals for these flights? thanks!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
763 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: travel from mendoza to usuaia

Hola Luna!

If you don't find direct flight for cheap, why not to go back the idea of going to Bariloche by bus and then taking a flight Bariloche Ushuaia?

Another thing- which are the dates you are looking for? We have many long weekends coming into our calendar and tickets obviously get more expensive for these dates.

Finally, I don't think you will find any cheaper once here talking about flights- and actually with local flights I think there are in advance better prices than last minute here.

Hope it helps- you can check out holidays here: mininterior.gov.ar/asuntos_politicos_y_alect…

To make sure you are not trying to make your reservation on the worst prices days.

Have fun!

amsterdam
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: travel from mendoza to usuaia

many thanks for everyone's input! :)

amsterdam
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: travel from mendoza to usuaia

Wow, the prizes of domstics flights are very very high. I read off flights passes that can be used from 3 to 12 destinations. It turned out to be difficult to find the right information on this.

Can anyone help me with this? We want to travel from Mendoza to Bariloche by bus...Bariloche to Ushuaia by plane...and back by plane to Mendoza. Is there any way to obtain a pass to travel between these cities at a much more reasonable price? We enter Argentina on Aerolineas Argentina.

Thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: travel from mendoza to usuaia

Hi!

In Nov 2012, I did the same trip you are considering. Flew from Mendoza drove to Bariloche (then flew to Calafate/Chalten) and ultimately down to Usuaia.

My recommendation is to skip Usuaia altogether. Yes its "el fin de mundo" but honestly, things are overpriced and travel options out of the area are in high demand (therefore, prices are unfavorable). In order to return back to our original start place of Mendoza we ultimately flew from Usuaia to Buenos Aires (B.A) and then to Mendoza because a direct flight would've around $300 USD per person.

Adding B.A to our travel plans was a great idea. Had an incredible time in this culturally-rich area.

Our total trip was 5 weeks. Driving from Mendoza to Bariloche took almost a week with car trouble on route 40...so we decided to fly or bus from place to place as we went south. Basically, I don't recommend driving. Save your time and enjoy it at your destination.

Good luck and have fun.

PS BRING CASH or be SURE that you have a VISA check card (not credit). Tourist places in big cities will sometimes take credit but more often than not its cash.

Edited: 9:06 pm, April 22, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: travel from mendoza to usuaia

Hi, bit of an older thread, but I am trying to work out if it is possible to get a flight from Bariloche to El Calafate, as mentioned above, without flying via BA. I have had a quote from a travel agent for some kind of airpass covering all our desired destinations, but was told that it didn't include Bariloche to Calafate. Does anyone know which airline, if any, does this flight and approx. cost for one way? Thanks so much for any info :)

edit: my bad, not an old thread!

Edited: 10:20 am, April 24, 2013
17. Re: travel from mendoza to usuaia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 26, 2014