We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ushuaia to Lima?

Buenos Aires...
1 post
Save Topic
Ushuaia to Lima?

Hi everyone,

I'm currently living in Buenos Aires, Argentina and am planning on flying down to Ushuaia in December when the weather is a little warmer. The plan is to adventure around Patagonia for a while, eventually bussing north to Bariloche. I would like to stop and spend a little time in Calafate, El Chalten, and any other places you guys would recommend.

After that, I would like bus north to see Santiago, Mendoza, Cordoba, and Salta. Then I would like to head over into Bolivia to visit the salt flats (Salar de Uyuni) to check that out for a little, and then cruise through to see Lake Titicaca, then into Peru to hang out with some ruins in Machu Picchu to eventually fly out of Lima.

How long would you guys recommend to do something like that? I was thinking somewhere around 2-2.5 months due to financial restrictions or else I would stay much longer. Also, any other ideas for places to see along the way? Or any tips to make the travel easier? Thanks in advance everyone!!

-S

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ushuaia to Lima?

We did pretty much the exact same route in January. Blog is on the link below.

We went Ushuaia, Puerto Natales, El Calafate, Puerto Madryn, Bariloche, Puerto Varas, Valdivia, Pucon, Santiago, Mendoza, Salta, Jujuy, Tupiza, Uyuni, La Paz, Copacabana, Puno, Cusco, Huacachina, Lima.

2.5-3 months is a reasonable time. There's a lot of long bus journeys, so the longer you have, the better!

Jon

www.theintrepidexplorers.com

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,099 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ushuaia to Lima?

See Tiwanaku, near Lake Titicaca. The Tiwanaku built a huge temple complex, before the Incas turned up, and took the credit for it!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
786 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ushuaia to Lima?

You can do the AR destinations you suggested in 25 days- being active and moving every three days.

I think 1 month would give you some rest- and back up in case anything goes wrong.

Roughly-

Buenos Aires- 4 days

Ushuaia- 3 days

El Calafate- 3 days

El Chalten- 3 days

Bariloche- 4 days

Mendoza- 3 days

Cordoba- 3 days

Salta- 5 days

I hope it helps a bit!

Have a great South American Adventure!!

Veronica

Say Hueque Argentina Tours

4. Re: Ushuaia to Lima?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, December 15, 2013