We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Boat in Ushuaia

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Boat in Ushuaia

Hello,

Our plane from Buenos Aires lands at Malvinas International in Ushuaia at 15:05.

The Stella Maris cruise lists 9:00 - 16:00 as checkin times with 17:00 start boarding and 20:00 sailing.

Does anybody know if/how we can get from the airport to the pier? Should we change to an earlier flight from B.A. ?

I am very much obliged for a response ...

B.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,795 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Boat in Ushuaia

Get a taxi.

I would change if it was me. No point in missing the trip for the sake of 5 minutes.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Boat in Ushuaia

I agree with Peterscot. Change your flight. The flights from BA to Ushuaia are notorious for running late, losing luggage etc. Better to spend a night in Ushuaia, or a few hours wandering around town than to arrive just in time to see your ship sailing off into the sunset without you!

Córdoba
Level Contributor
583 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Boat in Ushuaia

There are several flight to Ushuaia from Buenos Aires which leave very early in the morning (around 5-6 o´clock), so you can be in Ushuaia around 9-10 in the morning. Take one of those flights or go the evening before as Calypso73 also suggested.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Boat in Ushuaia

Thank you ... it seems to be unanimous: will change my flight to the 6:20 from B.A. that is scheduled to land 9:55 and spend time wandering around in Ushuaia ... I am very grateful for your quick and informative responses.

B.

5. Re: Airport to Boat in Ushuaia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 19, 2012