We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours in Early July

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tours in Early July

I am considering a visit to Ushuaia in the first week of July while I am in Argentina.

Are there tours to Tierra del Fuego NP and the Beagle Channel in July? Also are there opportunities to see penguins during this time, or is it off-season?

Thank you in advance for your advise and suggestions.

Tres Marias
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Tierra del Fuego Aventura
Sightseeing Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Latitud Ushuaia Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Ski & Snow Tours
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours in Early July

Yes, there are tours all the time to tierra del fuego national park. But, it is the off-season for pinguins. They come more like in Jan to April and then from sept/october on...

In july you can see the whales, which is really amazing!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours in Early July

Thanks, Llana.

I did not realize that whales go as far south as Ushuaia during that time of year.

Ushuaia, Argentina
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours in Early July

Hi There,

All tours are possible to experience during winter season, plus winter excursions which I recommend:

1- Sled dog at night. (Best tour during winter, you go inside the forest - you have dinner in the woods- and come back - great experience).

Check: www.tierradelfuego.org.ar

You can´t see pingüins at all, ther arrive in early November and stay till March.

We do not offer whale watching in Ushuaia,.... you may be able to see a whale during navigation, but is just luck, when a whale get lost or is brought by "orcas" that want to hunt them.

We had experienced two whales that end up dying in Ushuaia and Golondrina bay because they where trying to avoid being hunt.

4. Re: Tours in Early July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, September 11, 2009