We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El calafate during Mid June

Which El Calafate hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
El calafate during Mid June

I'm visiting El calafate in june (due to the world cup) and would really love to try the mini treking at PM glacier. But noted that it's winter and most activites are not available :( Any chances that some travel company still operate during this time?

What are the alternative sights/activities that we can go during this period?

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: El calafate during Mid June

I will be traveling early June (also going to the world cup after), I'm emailing travel agencies to see if they can help us find a minitrek avail at that time and/or activities. I'll keep you posted if we find out more info.

Livermore...
Level Contributor
219 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El calafate during Mid June

Hi there,

The company that operates the Mini Trekking and the Nautical Safari at Perito Moreno is called Hielo y Aventura. They have a few offices in town, right on the main street Avenida El Libertador. Due to the time of the year when you will be traveling, you would not to make reservations in advance, but rather just reserve the day before you want to do the activity.

I believe the only month where the mini trekking is closed is July, so you should still be able to do it if going in June. Be sure to look them up online and email them directly with your questions just in case.

Good luck!

singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: El calafate during Mid June

thanks both!! Fingers cross!! :)

4. Re: El calafate during Mid June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, May 17, 2015