We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An afternoon in el Calafate

Buenos Aires...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
An afternoon in el Calafate

Hi!

Next friday I will go to El Calafate for 2 days. I will arrive around 10.15 at the airport from el Calafate. Im planning to do the minitrekking the next day. So that will give me a whole free afternoon in El Calafate. I really want to see some more beautiful nature from Calafate. What do you recommend?

I heard Laguna Nimez (bird sanctuary) is a great place to walk around. Someone who knows more places?

Anyone any experience with going to Laguna de los tres/torre? For only a afternoon I think that is too far away...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An afternoon in el Calafate

El Calafate to El Chalten is 3 hrs each way. So its kind of late..

If you into bird watching, Laguna Nimez is nice to walk around for a couple of hours. Entrance fee is only 40 peso. There is marked trails of about 2 km. The laguna with the pink flamigos is quite stunning.

Buenos Aires...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: An afternoon in el Calafate

Thanks for your help!

Jerusalem
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: An afternoon in el Calafate

we too have an afternoon in El Calafate , arriving around 10;30 on a sunday morning. Can anyone recommend a taxi company to take us from the airport out to the glacier and then back in time to catch the 6:30 bus to El Chalten? Someone who speaks some English would be great. As we have such a short time to see things we would like to get this set-up ahead of time.

thanx

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: An afternoon in el Calafate

If you have a couple of free hours and want to enjoy nature I would suggest Laguna Nimez as well. I was there in early December. We didn't have a lot of time but it was a great way take in the Patagonian landscape and wildlife. It only a few blocks from the Main Street in El Calafate.

As for the other question about cabs, they do have them. But we never saw one until our last night there and had the restaurant call one.

5. Re: An afternoon in el Calafate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 24, 2015