We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far in advance to book?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How far in advance to book?

Hi all - I'm planning a trip to Argentina (BA, El Calafate and Ushuaia) the last week of December 2012/first week of January 2013. I know this is the busy season for El Calafate and Ushuaia, so I'm wondering, how soon in advance should I book hotels, tours, plane transportation from BA? Thanks!

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,466 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far in advance to book?

I would book at least 2 months in advance since many people would have made their arrangements during this time.

Airfares are expensive since it is the high season.

Toronto
Level Contributor
512 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far in advance to book?

I went in September of 2011 but booked all my stuff in April. I only booked that early as I prefer to have everything booked.

I stayed at the America Del Sur Hostel and they arranged the tours for me.

Flights as RicardoBA mentioned were pretty expensive. Aerolineas is easily the worst carrier I have EVER been on.

ohio
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How far in advance to book?

Going in mid April from BA. Aerolineas seems to be all over the place. $285 in late Jan, $569 last week and today $497. How long should I wait to buy. Its like gambling.....

4. Re: How far in advance to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:22 am, June 12, 2013