We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apart Hotel Las Piedras

Redding, California
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Apart Hotel Las Piedras

Greetings:

I will be traveling to Bariloche in January and am trying to find an affordable, decent hotel. We are three single women, and we figure all we do is sleep and shower there, so we don't need anything too fancy (such as for a honeymoon). However, we don't want to stay in a dump. I find the Aprt Hotel Las Piedras which has three single beds in two rooms for only $40 a night! This even includes transportation from the airport to the hotel! This seems to good to be true, since most comparable places seem to be going for at least $130 a night without transportation. There are no reviews for this place on T.A. Has anyone ever stayed there or can anyone who has been to Bariloche offer any advice on this place? It looks ok from their website, but I can't find reviews anywhere and you never know. Thanks!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Apart Hotel Las Piedras

I'm sorry I don't know that one. Do they have a website? cause I've never seen it. Perhaps it's new. There are a few new places, and I have not been to Bariloche in a couple of months, so it may be that it's new?

Redding, California
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apart Hotel Las Piedras

This is the hotel's website: http://www.laspiedrashotel.com.ar/

Bariloche
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Apart Hotel Las Piedras

Hi there.....just a word of warning - there are a lot of hotels in Bariloche that cater for the large number of student / college groups that come and visit - and I have an idea that Las Piedras is one of those. You might just find yourselves surrounded by 100 over-excited 17 year olds! - esp as January is full holiday season.

Best to ask the hotel directly if they will have any student groups (´egresados´ in Spanish) during the time of your planned visit. I´m sure the hotel is fine, and the students are harmless, but just very hectic and noisy !

The Hotel Cristal is right in the centre, and I think fairly reasonably priced, and doesn´t cater for students.

Don´t want to put you off, but I hope that helps....

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
396 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Apart Hotel Las Piedras

I stayed in Las Piedras years ago and it was OK, big rooms, good location near the lake. I don’t know if the service is still good today. I didn’t see any student tour in the hotel.

Moreover Olpage: student tours in January? Currently they avoid high season and prefer going in school days instead

5. Re: Apart Hotel Las Piedras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, August 21, 2009