We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choices, Driving from Bariloche to Villa La Angostura...

Which San Carlos de Bariloche hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
342 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel choices, Driving from Bariloche to Villa La Angostura...

Hello. I post regularly on Fodors and have gotten some good counsel there, especially from Senor AVRooster.

1. If you have visited both Puerto Madryn and Bariloche/Villa La Angostura, which would you go to if you could only visit one in November?

2. If you fly into Bariloche, approximately what is the driving time to Villa La Angostura

3. Do you have any opinion on any of the following hotels:

El Pedral

Hotel Aldebaran

Ten Rivers Ten Lakes

Peuma Hue

Hosteria Amigos Del Bosque

El Faro

Hosteria Dos Bahias

Thank you for any suggestions. I appreciate the help.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel choices, Driving from Bariloche to Villa La Angostura...

Well, cmcfong, you have come to a more lively forum!! Congratulations!!!

To contribute to the mirth of the esteemed forum regulars, I'll let you all in on a little secret: cmcfong has been nominated by yours truly as president of the fodors.com avrooster fan club!!!!

Moving on to the matter at hand, I only have an answer for your question Nº2: between one and two hours.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel choices, Driving from Bariloche to Villa La Angostura...

I would go to Barilcohe and then San Martin or Villa.

Driving time from Bariloche to Villa la Angostura is about 1 hour and a half. The rodes are difficult, so be careful.

Ten Rivers and Ten Lakes in San Martin de los Andes has one of the best views in all of Patagonia. Stunning. It's a fishing lodge, great for people who love to fly fish. It has a tea house with the most delicious pastries I have ever tried!

Hostería dos Bahías in Villa la Angostura is amazing. The rooms have great views of the lakes and mountains, it has a great wooden deck with pool, another heated pool inside, a nice spa, a cozy little restaurant in the bottom floor, the people there are really, really great! very friendly, and, it is the only lodge with tennis courts in Villa la Angostura. I've been there a few times and I love it!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel choices, Driving from Bariloche to Villa La Angostura...

Thank you for the gracious welcome,AVROOSTER. I am indeed a fan of yours. I also remember the many helpful postings of santiagov. Glad to find him hard at work here.

Llana, thank you so much for the information. It is most helpful.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel choices, Driving from Bariloche to Villa La Angostura...

Nephew Santiagov: I think the lady from North Carolina is expecting some of your wisdom. How long are you going to make her wait?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel choices, Driving from Bariloche to Villa La Angostura...

You are welcome! :)

PS: El Faro in Villa is nice too... more modern-like. It's the newest hotel in Villa and it was quite controversial for the locals because they cut down so many trees :(

Another nice option though.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel choices, Driving from Bariloche to Villa La Angostura...

I am very patient and I have lots of questions, so any time Santiagov responds will be a plus for me! I know I can count on him and you, AVRooster. What a delight to find Lana as well, she is a marvelous resource. I am thrilled to learn that I will have some great choices in the Bariloche area.

AVRooster, you are there now, are you not? Will you be posting any photos from your trip? I look forward to seeing your trip report!

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel choices, Driving from Bariloche to Villa La Angostura...

Dear fan club president: No, I am now back in BA. I posted here the first chapter of my trip report, which was about how to get there. The next chapters will deal with where to stay, where to eat and what to do, but I think I have already told you about this.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel choices, Driving from Bariloche to Villa La Angostura...

I'm not much for photos, but wait for DTinPDX's report and you'll get them.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel choices, Driving from Bariloche to Villa La Angostura...

I will look forward to all your posts on the area. You are right, you have shared much with me, but I am always open to new information! Thank you.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel choices, Driving from Bariloche to Villa La Angostura...

Dear President: What I meant is that on fodors I told you: "On tripadvisor.com I started a trip report about Bariloche. So far, I covered how to get there. I still have to write about where to stay, where to eat and what to do.", which is the same thing I told you in a previous post on this thread.