We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus transportation from Puerto Varas to Bariloche

Which San Carlos de Bariloche hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Bus transportation from Puerto Varas to Bariloche

We are traveling to Bariloche in November 2011. We will be crossing the lakes from Bariloche and will be staying at Puerto Varas for two nights. We need to get back to Bariloche on 11/20. Can anyone recommend a bus company that travels from Puerto Varas or Puerto Montt to Bariloche? We need it for Sunday, November 20, 2011. Thank you very much

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,272 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus transportation from Puerto Varas to Bariloche

There isn't much difference between the companies really. Cruz del Sur/Bus Norte, El Valle, Tas Coapa, they all cost the same and are of similar quality. You can probably get the tickets in Bariloche before you leave. If not, you should be able to get them in PV a couple of days ahead at that time of year. there is one main bus terminal in Bariloche, but the buses in PV may leave from different terminals or points. TurBus/Tas Choapa:

galeria.chilebuses.cl/details.php…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus transportation from Puerto Varas to Bariloche

On my trip I did one way with Cruz del Sur and the other with Tas Choapa, and although the bus of Tas Choapa was a little smaller I liked it better. It seemed to be much better organized at the border crossing. If you do have onward connections be sure to allow plenty of time as the buses do run late on occasions mainly due to border delays.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus transportation from Puerto Varas to Bariloche

Thank you so much for your response. At least i have a place to begin.

4. Re: Bus transportation from Puerto Varas to Bariloche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, October 04, 2012