We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Buenos Aires then onto Mendoza and Santiago

London
Level Contributor
247 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Buenos Aires then onto Mendoza and Santiago

Hi,

I am interested in doing an independant trip from Buenos Aires to Bariloche and Mendonza and then onto Santiago in Chile. I am keen to hear from anyone who has done this route or a similar one and if anyone has any recommendations for buses/accomodation/wine tours etc...

I will be travelling with my partner and neither of us speak any Spanish sadly. Our budget wont allow for flights so we are happy to do overnight bus journeys/boats etc... I would say our budget for accomodation is more backbackers - say £30 or $50 US a night but for the right place we could spend a bit more.

Any help and ideas much appreciated

Puerto Montt
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Buenos Aires then onto Mendoza and Santiago

Hi, Mr Croc,

I suggest that you go from Bariloch to Puerto Varas in Chile. Varas is also very nice. Then you go to Santiago and from there to Mendoza, assuming that you want to return to Buenos Aires. If you are interested in this trip, I could help you with some of the arrangements.

Chao,

PP

2. Re: Travel from Buenos Aires then onto Mendoza and Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:48 am, March 30, 2011