We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Overnight bus from Santiago to Bariloche

Which San Carlos de Bariloche hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Truckee, California
Level Contributor
26 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Overnight bus from Santiago to Bariloche

Hello,

My friends and I are doing a rafting trip on the Futaleufu river that starts from Bariloche. We were planning on flying into Buenos Aires from the US until we realized that plane tickets to Santiago were so much cheaper than BA. But we need to catch an overnight bus to Bariloche from Santiago. I know there are no direct buses. From what I have heard there are overnight buses from Santiago to either Osorno, Puerto Varas or Puerto Montt. Anyone know which route is the quickest (we don't have much time) and approx. how much travel time it is with bus changes and layovers? Finally, I need a reliable travel agent that find the quickest routes for us and book the tickets. I was having problems with the all-spanish websites of the bus companies that I found who offered such tickets.

Thanks so much!

Argentina
Level Contributor
129 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Overnight bus from Santiago to Bariloche

www.turbus.cl/commerce/venta-pasajes.jsp

About 13 hours Santiago - Puerto Montt

then an international service from Puerto Montt to bariloche - 7 hours

Turbus leave in the evening and arrive the following morning

Puerto Montt - bariloche with

http://www.andesmar.com/shop/default.asp

http://viabariloche.com.ar/home/

You should be able to buy all tickets online, using an agency will probably be complicated.

You may also be able to buy the Puerto Montt - Bariloche ticket from Turbus in Santiago when you arrive.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,272 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Overnight bus from Santiago to Bariloche

Both Turbus and Cruz del Sur bus companies can sell you a through ticket to Bariloche with a change of bus in Osorno to associated companies. There is an hour or two between buses and you leave for Bariloche around 10:30 am and arrive at about 15:00 pm. Unfortunately you cannot buy Chilean bus tickets online with a foreign credit card. It is currently not a busy season so you should not have trouble getting tickets when you arrive. Just check which bus station your bus is leaving from. You could try the websites jez supplied and see if you can buy tickets online through an Argentine website although you are going in the opposite direction.

Edited: 4:53 pm, September 22, 2010
3. Re: Help! Overnight bus from Santiago to Bariloche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 22, 2011