We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activties in the Bariloche/El Bolson area

rhode island
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Activties in the Bariloche/El Bolson area

Hello,

So my husband and I are planning our honeymoon in March. We are planning on renting a house for 7 nights in Bariloche and stay in El Bolson for 4 nights. We have picked our accommodations in Bariloche but we have decided on lodging in El Bolson.

I have a couple questions about the area and I am hoping someone can help us out. Here we go....

1. Does anyone have any suggestions on lodging in El Bolson? Has anyone stayed at Cabanas La Montana?

2. We are planning to go rafting (Rio Manso, class III-IV) but is it better to go through a rafting company in El Bolson or Bariloche? Any suggestions on a reliable rafting company?

3. We are also thinking about going paragliding (tandem) while in El Bolson. Does anyone have any suggestions on an outfitter?

4. Is there any outfitters in Bariloche that rents kayaks for half day or full day?

Any info or help would be great. Thanks in advance!

San Carlos de...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activties in the Bariloche/El Bolson area

Hi Jamie,

I can respond below to most questions.

We can arrange rafting for you guys through http://www.extremosur.com/

You can arrange Para Gliding in El Bolson, there are only a couple guys that do it.

Most of the kayaking around Bariloche requires a guide. Check out http://www.puravidapatagonia.com.ar/

Nos vemos, J

Hello,

So my husband and I are planning our honeymoon in March. We are planning on renting a house for 7 nights in Bariloche and stay in El Bolson for 4 nights. We have picked our accommodations in Bariloche but we have decided on lodging in El Bolson.

I have a couple questions about the area and I am hoping someone can help us out. Here we go....

1. Does anyone have any suggestions on lodging in El Bolson? Has anyone stayed at Cabanas La Montana?

2. We are planning to go rafting (Rio Manso, class III-IV) but is it better to go through a rafting company in El Bolson or Bariloche? Any suggestions on a reliable rafting company?

3. We are also thinking about going paragliding (tandem) while in El Bolson. Does anyone have any suggestions on an outfitter?

4. Is there any outfitters in Bariloche that rents kayaks for half day or full day?

Any info or help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activties in the Bariloche/El Bolson area

I highly recommend Los Teros in El Bolson:

http://www.cabanaslosteros.com.ar/

I could never say enough wonderful things about the owners (Ana y Nir), the lovely cabins and grounds near the top of Cerro Piltriquitron, and the overall experience of being in El Bolson.

My trip report is here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312846-i5847-k158…

rhode island
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Activties in the Bariloche/El Bolson area

Hey Jamie,

Thanks for the email.

So you suggested going through a rafting company in Baroliche then El Bolson, huh? Should we make reservation ahead of time or can we do it when we get there?

And did you say you could help us find a paragliding company OR can you give me some names?

By the way, Rick and I are going to be in contact soon about the lodging.

Thanks!

rhode island
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Activties in the Bariloche/El Bolson area

Thanks for the info on Cabanas Los Teros.

San Carlos de...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Activties in the Bariloche/El Bolson area

Hi Jamie,

Yes, we can arrange the day before. We will want to check the weather and do on a nice day.

For El Bolson paragliding, here is a good article. welcomeargentina.com/paseos/…index_i.html

We can point you in the correct direction and get that squared away. Again, that is for a good weather day.

rhode island
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Activties in the Bariloche/El Bolson area

Hey Jamie,

Thanks again for the info. Up here in Maine, you have to make advance reservations for stuff like that, which is why I asked. Looks like I don't have to worry about that until we get there.

Have a great day,

Jaime

7. Re: Activties in the Bariloche/El Bolson area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 22, 2010