We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Victoria or Las Balsas

Which San Carlos de Bariloche hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
3 posts
Save Topic
Isla Victoria or Las Balsas

My boyfriend and I are traveling to Argentina in early November. We'll spend 3 nights in BA, and 2 nights in the Bariloche area. What do you recommend for 2 nights, Hosteria Isla Victoria or Las Balsas in Villa La Angostura? We want a small luxurious hotel, but also would like to do outdoor activities.

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Victoria or Las Balsas

both are very good places...staying at Las Balsas(Villla La Angostura), gives you the opportunity to do sightseeing, and hiking...

At Victoria , you miss the sightseeing, being in the island...but plenty of trails for hiking...all depends what you really want to do in just 3 days

new york
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Isla Victoria or Las Balsas

Thanks for your reply. Which do you prefer as a hotel, in terms of rooms, facilities, food, spa, etc.?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Isla Victoria or Las Balsas

Both are really incredible.. Las Balsas is beautiful, small, it has a great spa, really amazing views, and nice location. The rooms are very nice with good taste the decoration, and comfortable...

Then, Isla Vistoria is like a story book, you have amazing views from every place in the hotel, there is a huge deck overlooking the lake, the rooms are big and like beautiful with a lot of light... the service they make you feel at home, and there are many things to do on the island, like trekking, riding horses, the swimming pool, boat rides, really many nice things to do right there. The restaurant is also very good! and the atmosphere in general very laid back.

It is difficult to decide I think!

Bariloche
Level Contributor
604 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Isla Victoria or Las Balsas

As Iliana says both places are very good and full facilities...you make de decision

Sightseeing (driving, knowing more areas) + Hikes...Las Balsas

Full activities in the Island...no sightseeing ....Isla Victoria

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Isla Victoria or Las Balsas

Definitely Las Balsas.

new york
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Isla Victoria or Las Balsas

Why "definitely" Las Balsas? And what about Correntoso, to throw another one in to the mix?

Portland
Level Contributor
724 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Isla Victoria or Las Balsas

I've been to both places, and I personally liked Isla Victoria much more. It's awesome.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Isla Victoria or Las Balsas

Correntoso is very nice also - on the lake with really nice views. The rooms are divine.

Kailua, HI
Level Contributor
49 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Isla Victoria or Las Balsas

We just returned from 4 nights at Las Balsas. It is beautiful, secluded, perfect and more. You can do as much outdoor activities as you want (we skiied, went horseback riding, and hiked) then return to the world class spa and excellent restaurant. You are treated like guests at an old friend's lake front home. The view of the lake bay, peninsula and snow-capped mountains is spectacular but it's the quiet that surprised me. There is silence at Las Balsas. And it is very romantic if that is important for the two of you...

Montreal
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Isla Victoria or Las Balsas

@ hekili98 thanks for your post! I'll be staying in Las Balsas in March, so I'm glad to know that you (as well as many others on this thread) enjoyed it.