We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ushuaia to Puerto Madryn

london
Level Contributor
311 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Ushuaia to Puerto Madryn

We are travelling from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia and then want to go to see the whales at Peninsula Valdes before returning to Buenos Aires.

Is there any way this can be done by plane rather than driving or going back via Buenos Aires?

Any help will be appreciated.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ushuaia to Puerto Madryn

Hi there but i cant help you with that but I can recommend a really great place to stay in Ushuaia called Galeazzi Basily. The people taht run it are amazing, originally from BA and they know just about everything about getting around argentina and there English is fluent - if you stayed there they could probably help you or I would be happy to write and ask them for you. In any case if you want to see pics of there place including link and get lots of info on Ushuaia then go to my website at angietravels.com

have a great trip

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ushuaia to Puerto Madryn

Aerolineas Argentinas has direct flights from Ushuaia to Trelew (nearest airport for Puerto Madryn). You can check out details here.

www.aerolineas.com.ar/arg/main.asp…

Flights will be expensive ($500+) as they tend to be used by tourists.

london
Level Contributor
311 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ushuaia to Puerto Madryn

Thanks for your messages but unless we can get there without going to BA, it looks like we'll really miss out on a great place.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Aberystwyth
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ushuaia to Puerto Madryn

Hi,

There is one flight a day that from Ushaiaia to Trelew (45mins from Puerto Madryn) that goes via El Calafate (total time about 5hrs 45mins).

Regards

Aled

Tango Tours Ltd

P.S. when are you going?

london
Level Contributor
311 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ushuaia to Puerto Madryn

July and August.

Aberystwyth
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ushuaia to Puerto Madryn

Hi again!

Beware Ushuaia at that time of year is going to be very very very cold!

Regards

Aled

Tango Tours Ltd UK

london
Level Contributor
311 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ushuaia to Puerto Madryn

Thank you.

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ushuaia to Puerto Madryn

We would also like to go from Ushuaia to Trelew without returing to BA. Can you tell me what airline goes there through El Calafate?

Thanks.

Córdoba
Level Contributor
583 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Ushuaia to Puerto Madryn

With Aerolineas there is a flight between Ushuaia and Trelew with a stop in El Calafate (extremely expensive flight by the way!).

Another option is LADE (http://www.lade.com.ar/destinos.html), but they make a lot of short stops. I flew with them once, that was quit okay, but I hear many people complaining about LADE......

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ushuaia to Puerto Madryn

thanks However, at the moment, i am not seeing these flights on the airline web sites . is this likely to change? Lan goes to El Califate but I can't find anything on to Trelew from there.