We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any experience with scuba diving in Puerto Madryn?

Brazil
Level Contributor
165 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Any experience with scuba diving in Puerto Madryn?

I'd like to go scuba diving in Puerto Madryn (beginner). Does anyone recommend me any agency? Can tell me about the experience? I went to Red Sea and loved the experience. I may go to a course here in Brazil but it's not garanteed.

You can answer me in Spanish or Portuguese as well (though I wouldn't dare to use Portuñol).

Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any experience with scuba diving in Puerto Madryn?

The Puerto Madryn and the bay of Gulfo Nuevo is the diving capital of Argentina.

The water is clear and there is very little current.

As a beginner you would want to ask for the "baptismo". This is where you dive with an experianced teacher next to you the whole time. You will probably go with others diving for their first time and when you are not diving you can snorkel from the platform.

I suggest you do a google search for dive companies in Puerto Madryn. Contact the results and decide which one you are comfortable with.

2. Re: Any experience with scuba diving in Puerto Madryn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, October 13, 2010