We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are we able to go Orca watching in Punta Norte in April ?

Calgary
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Are we able to go Orca watching in Punta Norte in April ?

Hello,

I've been doing some research on the Orca whale, and how they like to feed on young seal pups in April/March near Punta Norte.

From what I can gather, this is a protected area. But I've also found a place called Estancia La Ernestina that allows you to stay on their property and observe the Orcas.

This place is too expensive for us, we were just hoping to camp in Puerto Piramides and drive to Punta Norte.

Are we allowed to just drive up to Punta Norte in early April and observe? Are there good viewing spots for the public?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Are we able to go Orca watching in Punta Norte in April ?

yes, in april there are Orcas and you can go see them in a boat where you will get amazing views of them really nearby!! so don't worry if you can't stay in that place! go to a travel agency, as they are the ones that take you in a boat to the place where you see whales! it's amazing! i would really like to do that again!!

2. Re: Are we able to go Orca watching in Punta Norte in April ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 pm, October 21, 2009