We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Trelew Airport to Pueto Piramides

edinburgh
2 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Trelew Airport to Pueto Piramides

Can anyone advise of the best way to get from Trelew Airport to Puerto Piramides, we are hopefully staying at The Hosteria Paradise. They have quoted us U$D 250 for a transfer, which is obviously quite expensive. Has anyone stayed at this hotel? I have been advised it is the best place to stay for whale watching etc.

Elgin, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Trelew Airport to Pueto Piramides

Hi, we're going to Puerto Piramides for the whale watching in October, can you recommend any particular boats? Did you find a cheaper way of getting from Trelew to Puerto Piramides as we'll be making the same journey.

Regards

Burghead

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Piramides
Puerto Piramides
758 Reviews
Puerto Piramides, Argentina
edinburgh
Level Contributor
13 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Trelew Airport to Pueto Piramides

Hi Burghead

There is a bus from the airport to the centre and then you have to get another bus to where we are staying. This appears to be a long journey and the buses are not very frequent. We have decided to hire a car and have tried to get a 4x4 (as we were advised the roads are bad) but we can't get one anywhere so it looks like it will be a compact car for us. I have contacted many whale watching trips but none of them have got back to me (maybe it's because I don't speak spanish). Apparently the Zodiac boats are the best. I will let you know if I get any other information.

Regards

Edinburgh

Elgin, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Trelew Airport to Pueto Piramides

Thanks Edinburgh, I've also emailed a number of whale watch trips but have yet to receive a reply, perhaps for the same reason - no Spanish!

Burghead

London
Level Contributor
101 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Trelew Airport to Pueto Piramides

I know it might sound little lame, but everytime I've been to P. Piramides, I have just pitched up, checked which boats leave when, chosen the smaller ones, and had a blast. If you are actually staying there, I would think that you should have no problem organizing trips to whale watch.

Paradise has great food and it's an ok place, but not as fancy as the claim to be. Las Restingas appears fancier, but I have not experienced nor know anyone who's been there. the reviews here are very mixed. Then, you always have the Faro Punta Delgada and an Estancia in the interior of the peninsula.

Elgin, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Trelew Airport to Pueto Piramides

Thanks JPRay, we'll do the same - small boats and go for it! Here's hoping it's a great whale watching trip.

6. Re: Travel from Trelew Airport to Pueto Piramides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 26, 2009