We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beware of Sixt car rental Salta airport

Kiryat Motzkin...
Level Contributor
3 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
beware of Sixt car rental Salta airport

First they do not have an office in Salta airport. Someguy delivers the car in the airport and takes an imprint of your credit card in his private vehicle.

Second, we were charged 930 Argentinian Peso 11 days after car return safely and satisfactorily to sixt agent at Buenos Aires without anybody letting us know why... They do not answer e-mails as well as their international company Sixt customer service. They do not send any bill/relevant document to this regard.

The ignorance of customer service is outstanding.

Choose another alternative.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beware of Sixt car rental Salta airport

I don't think I've ever seen a post about sixtcar rental before, it's a shame you didn't get info here before your trip about rental cars.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
70 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beware of Sixt car rental Salta airport

I am Gary from Sixt rent a car, we are sorry that you have not received a reply to your enquiries about the charge. I can understand why you are frustrated.

I would like to help, please send the details to gary.coughlan@sixt.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Gary - Sixt Customer Service Team

Los Polvorines...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: beware of Sixt car rental Salta airport

Dear Sixt Customer,

Please be adviced that you were charged for a speeding ticket in Recreo, Catamarca on 04/08/12. Pls. get in contact with me at jcraviotto@sixt.com.ar if you need further details.

We have also provided this information through Customer Service as well.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
482 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beware of Sixt car rental Salta airport

jcraviotto,

This approach to "customer service", posting private details like this in a public forum, is a HUGE privacy violation in addition to completely poor customer service and absolutely rude.

You should be ashamed. You should also remove this post and and contact the customer in private and apologize. You're attempt to vindicate yourself by posting this claim just makes you look even worse.

Salta
Level Contributor
110 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beware of Sixt car rental Salta airport

This is something people renting cars need to be aware of - the speeding tickets in Catamarca and Tucuman are especially notorious. You also have police checkpoint stops where they are liable to shake you down if they think you have US$ - they will say they are going to impound the car for the night etc etc. With the polizia - best to speak absolutely no spanish. In Jujuy and Salta provinces they arent as bad apart from after dark. Not to scare - just so people are ready for the possibility.

6. Re: beware of Sixt car rental Salta airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 16, 2013