We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cubs spring training 2010

charleston,il
Level Contributor
120 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
cubs spring training 2010

We are planning our spring break next year and we thought about coming to Mesa to see the Cubs, what is the best place to stay? What is there to do there beside spring training, any outlet malls? Please let us know before we decide to go back to Florida

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Mesa
Mesa
Central Arizona, AZ
Florida
Florida
United States
Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: cubs spring training 2010

The April 3 game is at Chase Field in downtown Phoenix, home of the Diamondbacks, and what was meant as "not a spring training experience" is you would not be as close to the players as you would be in any of the Spring Training facilities. It would seem more like a regular season game.

Mentioned in this post
Chase Field
Chase Field
1,985 Reviews
Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
chicago
Level Contributor
81 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: cubs spring training 2010

OH! That makes sense! Thanks for clarifying for me. :)

When i went to the CUBS website I couldn't see how to get tix for this game. Every other game there seems to be a link to, but for some reason, I couldn't find a link. Anyone know how to ck into these?

Cape Girardeau, Mo
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: cubs spring training 2010

Yes, I can help out a Cub fan after all. According to the D'backs web site "Games on 4/2 and 4/3 will be played at Chase Field and on sale at a later date." It does not say what that later date is. I would keep checking both the Cubs and D'backs web pages.

(Will you omit the rat posion from the cookies now?)

Edited: 11:45 am, January 29, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Chase Field
Chase Field
1,985 Reviews
Phoenix, AZ
chicago
Level Contributor
81 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: cubs spring training 2010

Rat poison?! Awww, I was just gonna use a little xtra "sugar". :)

Thanks much for the helpful info! I really appreciate it!

austin
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: cubs spring training 2010

any downside to staying at the lofts at the drew?

quiet? safe? someplace to jog in the morning?

what is within walking distance shops/restaurants?

Thanks,

we are going to spring training to see the cubs and we like to do as much as we can.

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: cubs spring training 2010

The Lofts at the Drew is in the heart of downtown Mesa.

It is quiet and safe and you will find many shops and eateries within walking distance.

I'm not into jogging, but I suppose you could jog up and down the sidewalks around there without much difficulty.

I have Cubs Spring Training Club Box seats available for limited dates if you are interested.

Mentioned in this post
Mesa
Mesa
Central Arizona, AZ
27. Re: cubs spring training 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 23, 2010