We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidays and Brazil consulate?

Saskatoon, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Holidays and Brazil consulate?

I was planning on visiting Iguazu falls at the beginning of March. I am Canadian, and because I booked our Argentina vacation rather last minute, I will not have time to get a Brazil Visa prior to the trip. I figured that we could still get our visas in Puerto Iguazu at the consulate there, but now it looks like March 3 and 4 are holidays. Is this true? Will the consulate be closed on those dates?

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holidays and Brazil consulate?

Yes …retira.com.br/feriados/brasil/2014/, also public holidays in Argentina. Therefore, closed from March 1 through 4. See if you can book an appointment online for the Brazil embassy in BA: conbrasil.org.ar/agendamento/…calendario.aspx , hitting Areade visa turista . If not, you can often get Brazil visas in 24 hours from consulates in Posadas, Cordoba and Mendoza.

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Posadas
Posadas
Province of Misiones, Argentina
Saskatoon, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holidays and Brazil consulate?

Thanks, that's what I thought. I might change our plans around a bit to make this work. Do you know if its true that the consulate in Iguazu can process your visa on the same day if it is a Friday?

Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holidays and Brazil consulate?

I have no actual experience at Iguazu consulate, and cannot answer your question.

4. Re: Holidays and Brazil consulate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 06, 2015