We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iguazu itinerary help! Short amount of time!

Which Puerto Iguazu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iquitos Amazon...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Iguazu itinerary help! Short amount of time!

I am arriving to Puerto Iguazu, Argentina on March 28 at 6:20pm. I am flying our from the same airport the following evening at 10:30pm. I really only have 1 FULL day at the waterfalls. I am flying from Lima and since I am only staying 2 days I am packing very light, just a backpack.

I really wanted to visit Ciudad el Este in Paraguay, and both the Brazilian and argentinian side of the falls. Maybe this is not very realistic with my time frame? I have a brazilian visa so that is not an issue for me. Since I will arrive too late to visit the park on the first day, I figure I can travel out of argentina without feeling rushed to be anywhere in particular. All I really want to do on the first night is find a hotel and maybe walk around have dinner and a few drinks. Nightlife is better in Ciudad del Este or should I stay in Foz do Iguazu Brazil?

The following morning I was going to get up very early and get to the Brazillian side of the park, do you know what time the park opens? I dont need an tour guide to visit the park right? I am fluent in spanish and portuguese so I can get around without a problem. After my visit to the Brazilian side I was going to cross back into Argentina and visit the Argentina side for the rest of the day. What time does the park close? Was going to have dinner in Puerto de Iguazu and then make my way back to the airport in time for my 10:30pm flight. Which side will I need more time at - Argentina or Brazil?

Also, how close is 3 fronteras to Puerto Iguazu?

MONEY - I will be traveling with USD and Peruvian soles, can i exchange money easily or should I do this before I arrive? Will I have a problem with any currency in any of the cities?

Is this a realistic plan?

Your help and advise is greatly appreciated.

Rick

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iguazu itinerary help! Short amount of time!

Maniti ... I am going to let the travel experts for Iguazu (and Google search ... as a lot of your questions can be answered there regarding park opening and closing times etc etc) answer the intricacies of your questions ... but bottom line ... you are trying to squeeze waaaaaayyyyyy too much into a very short time ..... I would choose one or two of the parks to look at ... you might fit in both Argentina and Brazilian sides at a push ... have no knowledge of the Paraguay side unfortunately .. we just didn't manage to fit it in ... slow down and enjoy what you can!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iguazu itinerary help! Short amount of time!

I would start the day very early and in the morning visit one side and the other in the afternoon, it will be rushed but doable, but I would definitely leave Pararguay for another trip you don't have enough time.

3. Re: Iguazu itinerary help! Short amount of time!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 28, 2014