We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Saint George Puerto Iguazu

Which Puerto Iguazu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle upon tyne
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Saint George Puerto Iguazu

Looking to book this hotel has anyone stayed there and can anyone recommend it?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Saint George Puerto Iguazu

It's an ok hotel. I mean, if you are not looking for extreme comfort views, or great service, I think it's nice. Small, standard type, and not too far from the falls and the pathways. The rooms are also ok.

Decatur, Georgia
Level Contributor
62 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Saint George Puerto Iguazu

My wife and I did not stay there but ate at the restaurant which was fine. The lobby is spacious and very clean and the hotel looked very good from the outside. The hotel is directly across the street from the Puerto Iguazu bus station and a 5 minute walk to downtown. You can catch a local bus directly to Iguazu Falls Park at the bus station - it stops along the way at various points and takes about 20 minutes to get to the park.

newcastle upon tyne
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Saint George Puerto Iguazu

Thanks where did you stay and would you recommend it? Ilana123 could you suggest anywhere else? Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Decatur, Georgia
Level Contributor
62 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Saint George Puerto Iguazu

We stayed at the Hosteria Los Helechos - http://www.hosterialoshelechos.com.ar. It is one block further up the street from the George. The rooms were small and ensuite but the hosteria overall was lovely. The dining room served very good food and most of the staff at the desk spoke passable English. If you decide on this location, book a room with Air conditioning. We did not and had only a ceiling fan to keep us cool at night which was okay but air conditioning would have been nicer. Both the George and Los Helechos are in a residential area of Puerto Iguazzu just off a main street (the one the buis station is on). Downtown is a short 5-10 minute walk.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Saint George Puerto Iguazu

ahollins:

My husband and I stayed at the "Cataratas" in the Argentinean side (there is one in Brazil with the same name). We recommend you to consider this hotel for your trip. Our room was very large, with a balcony, a spacious bathroom and air conditioning. The hotel grounds were very well maintained; beautiful pool with a waterfall. The buffet style breakfast, included in the price of the room, was very good and varied. The restaurant food was amazing, specially the lomito. Near by the hotel there is a horse back riding place, a precious stone store and some more things to check out. The town is a 3-5 minutes cheap taxi ride away. The pizza at the pizza restaurant in town was very good. We took a sunset boat tour in the river & saw the Paraguayan Indians dancing around a bonfire, plus the entertainment on the boat was good. If you take the boat ride at the Iguazu falls, be ready to be soaked in water.

newcastle upon tyne
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Saint George Puerto Iguazu

Thanks for all your postings and information. Can now make an informed decision.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Iguazu