We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide for the falls

Which Puerto Iguazu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ziv
Cape
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Guide for the falls

Hi there, I have difficulty walking distances, but am dying to see the Iguazu Falls.But Its very difficult to get a private guide for people with problems, mostly all are dealing with healthy people

on the internet I saw a tour operator named ICUAZU Argentina, that is operating lots of tours all over South America , and their prices are crazy low. But I cant get any review or mention of them any where.

Did anybody had them as guides, or heard about them?

Another one that answered me is 01 Argentina - any feedback about them ?

Many tx ZIV

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide for the falls

It is not necessary to have a guide at Iguazu Falls. The parks are user friendly and designed in such a way for independent visits. Many of the walkways can handle a wheelchair if necessary.

My elderly mother was able to handle the visit without problems.

Be sure to visit the visitor center at the entrance and sign up for any organized tours(eco tours,boat,etc) which can be interesting also.

Ziv
Cape
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide for the falls

Tx ricardoBA.

Thats exactly why I think that I need a guide- as I can walk a bit, but not 1.2 km, which is the easy loop. AdI think that a guide can help with directing us to the right places - where a wheelchair can be used.

Do you also know if we can rent a chair somewhere in the park?

Tx again Ziv

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide for the falls

I don't know if you can rent a wheelchair at the visitor's center, however you might check with your hotel and they could make arrangements for that or a walker.

As soon as you enter the park at the Visitor's Center, there is a tram which will take you to the Diablo Falls Walkway. The Walkway can handle wheelchairs so you can get up close and personal with the largest part of the falls.

When you return on the tram to the Visitor's Center, then it's just a short walk to the upper circuit Falls walkways which gives a another nice look at the panorama or the Falls and again up close.

The only area which you would miss is the lower circuit walkways since there are a number of steps to maneyver.

Ziv
Cape
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide for the falls

Tx very much Ricardo. Withh this help, I think you conviced me to go there. The only question now is- to check about a chair.

Keep well ZIV

5. Re: Guide for the falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 23, 2013