We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less than a day at the falls

Which Puerto Iguazu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
291 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Less than a day at the falls

Hi folks,

In my rather hectic South American itinerary in late April, I fly into the Brazilian side (IGU) at 18.45pm and then fly out the next day from the Argentinian side (IGR) at 16.05pm. I'm staying at the Hotel das Cataratas so that I can be in the park when I start my rather early day at the crack of dawn!

A couple of questions:

1) How much time should I spent on the Brazilian side before making my way over to the Argentinian side? Would 2 hours be sufficient so that I leave at about 9.00am?

2) After wandering about the Upper Circuit and associated walking tracks on the Argentinian side for a few more hours, what time should I leave for the airport (IGR) to catch my onwards flight to Buenos Aires?

3) Do you have any recommendations on a private guide who can pick me up from the airport (IGU), drop me off at the hotel, and then take me the next day to the Argentinian side before dropping me off at the airport (IGR)?

Many thanks! Any other tips would be greatly appreciated on how to maximise by short time here.

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Less than a day at the falls

A highly recommneded guide for the area is Ariel Villalba, you can contact him at arielsebastianvillalba@hotmail.com... He is the best to give you some advise about time and tours in Iguazu.

Angie/Giena

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Less than a day at the falls

Gosh thats not a lot ot time. You could easily cover the Brazilian side in two hours. Its a pity you wont have time for the bird park which is amazing. I can only tell you what I did which is from the brazilian side you can take a bus back to Foz bus station and then take a bus to Argentina,. From the bus station in Arg you canbuy a ticket which will include a catamaran ride under the falls which is amazing. With the amount of time you have probably the guide that Giena recommended may save you a lot of time if he is going to do both sides and incfude your transport as part of the deal. I took a flight in Argentina and I always turn up two hours before anyway which is when they usually open the counters but I always err on the side of caution.

The falls are well worth anyeffort you can make to see them especially if its a one off. There is nothing worse than feeling you may have missed out on something.

have a great trip

angie

www.angietravels.com

Cordoba, Argentina
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Less than a day at the falls

HI pandorastein,

Less than a day to visit the waterfalls is too litlle :( But if you can't have more days you should know that in the Brazilian side you have a panoramic view of the falls and in the Argentinian side you get to see the falls much closer.

Ideally, you should have one day for each side.

When I visit Iguazú, I liked Argentinian side better.

It's not much but I hope this helped. :)

4. Re: Less than a day at the falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 19, 2012