We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to the falls from Puerto Iguazu

Which Puerto Iguazu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BA
3 posts
Save Topic
Best way to get to the falls from Puerto Iguazu

I'm travelling in two weeks to Iguazu and I plan to visit the Brazilian side of the falls one day, and the Argentinian side the following day. I'm staying at a hotel in Puerto Iguazu and I wonder whether to take tours to the falls or go on my own, by taking a taxi, a bus or maybe a minivan, if there is any. Could you give me some advice on this? What is the approximate cost of a taxi from P. Iguazu to each side of the National Park? Thanks a lot.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to the falls from Puerto Iguazu

You can take the local bus from downtown P.Iguazu for around 7.5 pesos to either National Park. This is the least expensive mode of travel.

A remise/taxi to the Argentine National Park will run around 50-60 pesos.

A taxi to the Brazilian Park will run around 100 pesos.

BA
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to the falls from Puerto Iguazu

Thank you Roberto. Let me ask a few additional questions:

Does the bus to the Brazilian side go directly to the National Park, or is it necessary to change buses at some point?

If I decided to take a remisse, would it be cheaper to ask the driver to wait some hours and take me back to Puerto Iguazu, or is it better to take another one from the Park?

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to the falls from Puerto Iguazu

If you take the bus from the downtown terminal then you go directly to the Brazilian National Park.\

You can negotiate the price with the driver for the trip to Brazil. However,if you want them to wait then I am sure that the price is going to be more then just taking another taxi from Brazil back to Argentina.

Chicago
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to the falls from Puerto Iguazu

How long does it take to get from Puerto Iguazu to Brazilian side of the park?

thank you.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to the falls from Puerto Iguazu

Hi there firstly you can buy a ticket for the Argentinian side of the falls at he bus station and the one we purcahsed included a trip in a catamaran right under the falls which is a must do. Its straightforward to travel to the Brazilian side - you simple get a bus from Puerto which will take you to Foz bus station where you can easily transfer to a bus to the Brazilian side. It was quite a long ride from the bus station - about 30-40 mins. What is worth knowing and I didnt know at the time is that you can get off the bus before the Foz bus station and then take another bus which will cut your traveling time. Check with tbe bus driver when you get on the bus and he should put you off at the right place.+ others may be doing the same. If you are on the Brazilian side then there is another must do attraction which is the bird park. Its absolutely amazing

have a great trip

angie

www.angietravels.com

6. Re: Best way to get to the falls from Puerto Iguazu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 22, 2012