We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brazil visa tip

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
381 reviews
Save Topic
Brazil visa tip

Had my passport stolen in Lima, and had to get a new Brazil visa in a hurry. It was impossible trying to replace it in Buenos Aires in the time frame, so we waited till we got to Puerto Iguazu. They weren't interested in the photocopies of the originals, or original application form, so had to start from scratch. Opening times of the consulate are 7am-1pm Mon-Fri. To make things easier, you should take with you a printed copy of an application form you should have lodged online (no earlier than 1 month before the day you go to the consulate), a passport photo and 147 Argentinian pesos (if you are Australian). To lodge the form online, go to https://scedv.serpro.gov.br

The server may think this site is a security risk, so you have to bypass this.

Good luck.

Bontaks

Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Brazil visa tip

Hi, so what's the outcome and how long does it take for you to get the visa from Iguazu. I am thinking of doing to same as I don't have enough time to apply in Sydney before my trip to south america starts. Cheers! Enjoying your traveling there!

2. Re: Brazil visa tip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, July 12, 2011