We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone in Iguazu now?

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone in Iguazu now?

All the thunderstoms and rain on the forecast from weather.com is getting me more and more nervous....has it been very rainy/cloudy??

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Anyone in Iguazu now?

wow sock that sounds amazing!!!! definitely have noted your info!!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,234 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Anyone in Iguazu now?

VP yes the sight of those old destroyed boardwalks was definitely an eye opener !!!! I can imagine that seeing the falls and rivers during a "tamer" time of year it would be totally impossible to truly picture the force and power during a real flooded time of year.

jdro - nothing remotely attacking in my posts - perhaps you are being the "sensitive" one ? I am simply saying that no one - especially anyone on Trip Advisor - can control nor predict the weather and that my trip included everything from blazing hot sun to torrential downpours but it didnt effect my holiday nor how much I enjoyed the falls.

Sockhopper - I enjoyed staying at Hotel das Cataratas and the Sheraton and seeing both sides of the falls tho I do think that the Brazil side will remain my favourite side. The panorama view was amazing.

Loved venturing up the hotel tower. Did you go up the final bit with the metal ladder ? I balked at that bit !!!!! Definitely a stunning view from up there and the hotel and their service was exceptional. I wish I had stayed more nights there actually but my time in Iguazu was reliant on flight connections back to Aus.

On the Brazil side I did the walk twice - once in the rain (before the park opened and the path was lovely and empty) and then again later in the morning when it fined up. I did the elevator down to the lower level but decided against doing that final boardwalk right out into the middle.

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
13. Re: Anyone in Iguazu now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 12, 2011