We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iguazu..two nights and one full day

Which Puerto Iguazu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern California
Level Contributor
152 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Iguazu..two nights and one full day

I am planning a trip to Iguazu in early May. I plan to fly from BA and stay two nights. Many people recommend just staying at the Sheraton at the park. But, some folks say to stay in town and also enjoy some of what town has to offer. I know we'll have one long day at the falls, but our two travel days might prohibit more than that. Would staying at the Sheraton make it easier for more access to the falls?

My three choices are: The Sheraton, Panoramic and The Secret Garden. Any opinions or advice? Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
397 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iguazu..two nights and one full day

Two nights one full day works. If you stay at the Sheraton in the park you are isolated. Besides it is $US 300 a night. We went to Iguazu in Oct. We stayed at Los Troncos which I recommend for approximately $100 a night. One night we ate at Los Troncos because it was pouring rain and did not want to walk to town. After a full day at the Falls, which is probably all you need, we had a great dinner in town, and then walked for ice cream.

You have more flexibility if you stay in town. Also we try to avoid "box" hotels like the Sheraton.

We took the bus to the Falls. You can also take a taxi and you will come out ahead. Los Troncos will also book a car to pick you up at the airport and if you want take you to the falls.

Ca
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iguazu..two nights and one full day

I was just in Iguazu last week for the same amount of time you will be. I stayed in the Secret Garden B & B and it was great. We went early in the morning to the falls and got there when it opened. We did the boat tour first, bring a bathing suit and be prepared to get wet. They will give you a waterproof bag in which you can put your things. We then climbed up the trail doing the interior route and then had lunch at the Sheraton (there are other choices if you want). We took the train to the exterior route after lunch, but missed the eco tour by raft. Make sure you pay attention to the time, the last train leaves at 4:00. When we arrived back at the Secret Garden we had drinks with John the owner and then walked to town for dinner. After dinner we walked around a bit and then back to the hotel.

Have fun,

Julie

3. Re: Iguazu..two nights and one full day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 06, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Iguazu