We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iguazu Early January..Panoramic, St. George, or Rio Tropic?

Which Puerto Iguazu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern California
Level Contributor
152 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Iguazu Early January..Panoramic, St. George, or Rio Tropic?

The Sheraton is out of our price range and the six of us are looking into these 3 places. They are all different price ranges, but which place would be the best for convenience to both the falls and the airport in Argentina (we do not have a car and would rely on taxis and buses) and is the friendliest. A pool is a must and they all have one. Thanks!

Mount Maunganui...
Level Contributor
233 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iguazu Early January..Panoramic, St. George, or Rio Tropic?

Hi there - I am heading to Iguazu in September and I am staying at The Iguazu Grand Hotel (Our little one-off indulgence for our trip)

Their sister hotel is the Panoramic and from the looks of things, it is lovely.

Unfortunatley I have already prebooked and paid to stay at the Hotel Esturion for our last night in Iguazu - (The Grand was too much out of our price range to try and stay 3 nights.)

Looking at reviews on here, the Esturion doesn't sound too well liked, so if i had the chance to change our reservation I would definately be looking at the Panormanic.

The people I have been dealing with for our stay at the Iguazu Grand are sooooo helpful - they even emailed me a full sheet of things to do and things to bring to Iguazu.

If you are looking for friendliness I would definatley recommend the Panoramic as the people I have been dealing with also own and run the Panoramic and I am sure they would offer the same friendliness!

I haven't stayed in Iguazu yet but if you look at the reviews on Trip Advisor they will give you a good indication of what people think.

Sorry I couldn't help more,

Hope you enjoy your trip!!!

Meliss_John18

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iguazu Early January..Panoramic, St. George, or Rio Tropic?

I think the Riotropic is quite basic and in January it will be hot, hot, hot and a good airco an absolute must. I stayed in St George, Esturion and Cataratas (Argentine one). Indeed Esturion is not very good. St George was noisy (noisy airco and loud disco from a bar across the road till 2 AM). Hotel Cataratas I loved and price was OK (I booked through www.booking.com ). Free internet (pricey at St George). If you have to book one of 3 you mention then Panoramic will be best, but I suggest the Cataratas, but I must mention that even on the side of the hotel I heard the traffic noise of the road to the falls. The front would really not be recommendable. Wonderful pool with waterfall.

St George has of course the advantage of being opposite the bus station but the noise (disco bar and airco) I would not want to bear again and the pool is not a great place to be around.

3. Re: Iguazu Early January..Panoramic, St. George, or Rio Tropic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 25, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Iguazu