We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight stay in Puerto Iguazu or Foz Du Iguacu

Which Puerto Iguazu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight stay in Puerto Iguazu or Foz Du Iguacu

Hi,

I would like to know if it is better (safer) to stay in Puerto Iguazu (Argentina side) or Foz Du Iguacu (Brazil side) when visiting the waterfalls?

I will be visiting the falls in both Argentina & Brazil.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight stay in Puerto Iguazu or Foz Du Iguacu

The Argentine Park is larger so you will be spending more time in that Park so you might want to pick a hotel in Argentina.

As far as safety, both sides are safe places;just make sure that you always follow the same rules of security tht you would in any travel and tourist area.

Enjoy!!

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,557 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight stay in Puerto Iguazu or Foz Du Iguacu

Foz de Iguacu is much larger than Puerto Iguazu and has more hotel and restaurant options. If you want a more laid back environment stay in ARgentina. If you are looking for more bright lights try Brazil. Both sides seem relatively safe.

Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight stay in Puerto Iguazu or Foz Du Iguacu

Can anyone recommend a hotel/guesthouse/hostel to stay in Puerto Iguazu? I am looking for a private double room for less than $70 AUD that is also close to the bus station.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight stay in Puerto Iguazu or Foz Du Iguacu

Yes -- I stayed at Los Helechos -- just a block and a half from the bus station -- 90 pesos a night ($30 US).

5. Re: Overnight stay in Puerto Iguazu or Foz Du Iguacu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Iguazu