We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Tripadvisor
Puerto Iguazu

Accomodation Puerto Iguazu

australia
Level Contributor
409 posts
193 reviews
101 helpful votes
Accomodation Puerto Iguazu
Save

We will stay in the town and use bus or day tour out to the falls, however when it comes to selecting accommodation, hotel 3 stars?/4 stars

I have found the reviews are often quite old and even refer to stays in 2005. Cleanliness/ nice breakfast/and english speaking are high on the priorities.

I have also looked at packages 3 day 2 night where there is a choice of 4 different 3 star and 4 different 4 star accommodation choices again it is hard to find current information e.g. noisy renovations in 2005 hopefully are finished now any assistance would be great or anyone who has taken a package some feedback would be helpful thanks

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Accomodation Puerto Iguazu
Save

Check out the Secret Gargen Iguazu. I stayed there one night and have no regrets, other than I would have liked to stay longer. http://www.secretgardeniguazu.com/

Decatur, Georgia
Level Contributor
63 posts
33 reviews
25 helpful votes
2. Re: Accomodation Puerto Iguazu
Save

My wife and I stayed at Hosteria Los Helechos

http://www.hosterialoshelechos.com.ar

which is 3 blocks from the bus station where we took the local bus to the falls each day. It is just up the street from the George on a very quiet residential street. The rooms where small but perfectly adequate for our needs. There is a restaurant in the hosteria as well as several more near the George. If we were to go back we would stay again at this location. Try to get a room with air conditioning else you will only have a ceiling fan.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,968 posts
54 reviews
51 helpful votes
3. Re: Accomodation Puerto Iguazu
Save

I will be staying at the Secret Garden when I visit Iguazu in November. It gets rave reviews here and sounds like a little slice of paradise!

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
6,553 posts
15 reviews
29 helpful votes
4. Re: Accomodation Puerto Iguazu
Save

Just got back from 3 nights at The Secret Garden and it fits the bill. Breakfast is just juice, coffee, toast and homemade preserves and usually bananas however. This was fine for us, depends how much you want to eat in the morning. John is really kind and helpful, willingly making reservations. We were 4 and had a car and driver for the day to go to the Brasil side. We paid 120 pesos. For a car to and from the falls on the Argentine side it cost 50 pesos. There is really no need to take a tour.

Hope that helps.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Accomodation Puerto Iguazu
Save

I've just returned from Puerto Iguazu and stayed at the Saint George Hotel. I think it's a 3 star but if you ask for one of the updated rooms, we were on the 5th floor, they are fantastic. Either 2 queen beds or 1 king size and the bathroom is huge, separate shower!

I contacted Manuela at Argentina Connoi her email is: info@argentinaconnoi.com - she set us up and we were not disappointed..

6. Re: Accomodation Puerto Iguazu

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:28 am, August 30, 2009