We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Tripadvisor
Puerto Iguazu

UK Citizen going to Puerto Iguazu from Foz do Iguacu

Wolverhampton...
9 posts
UK Citizen going to Puerto Iguazu from Foz do Iguacu
Save

Hi All,

Im looking to go to Rio in March and then fly to Foz do Iguacu and take a taxi to Puerto Iguazu (then eventually end up in the Igazu Falls.

Quick question though I see alot of people mentioning about immigration papers, how do I obtain these? I look at our government website and for UK citizen it says Brazil and to Argentina, we do not need Visa papers?

Would this mean I can just go to the Argentina border with just my passport?

Any help would be appreciated.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
8 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: UK Citizen going to Puerto Iguazu from Foz do Iguacu
Save

Yes just with your passport - probably to get it stamped... but no visa is needed

Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
8 helpful votes
2. Re: UK Citizen going to Puerto Iguazu from Foz do Iguacu
Save

Yup in the same situation as UK citizens and we just got here. You just rock up in the Airport in Brazil and then in the airport near the falls. Then you pay for a taxi over the border for about 100 Brazilian Real and they wait for you to get stamps at the border as you fill in some quick paper work. Took us 5 mins to get out of Brazil and 2 minutes to get into Argentina. Easy.

Edited: 3 years ago
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
29 reviews
13 helpful votes
3. Re: UK Citizen going to Puerto Iguazu from Foz do Iguacu
Save

I am from the UK and visited both sides in December. All you need is your passport. All buses and taxis stop for you at both sides immigration and wait for you to get your passport stamped - was a very quick and simple process

4. Re: UK Citizen going to Puerto Iguazu from Foz do Iguacu

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 20, 2018