We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iguazu Falls - Where to stay What to do for 2 days?

South Carolina
Level Contributor
29 posts
352 reviews
Save Topic
Iguazu Falls - Where to stay What to do for 2 days?

I am flying from Buenos Aires to Iguazu on Argentina side airport. I have also two nights and 2 days before my flight for Montevideo. I was thinking of making reservations for Sheraton Iguazu Resort & Spa. Is this the right choice. Also is this enough time to see falls from Brazil and Argentina Sides.

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iguazu Falls - Where to stay What to do for 2 days?

I personally would stay in Puerto Iguazu as you have a good choice of restaurants to choose whereas if you stay at the Sheraton, it is ideal for the falls but you're stuck there. We stayed at the St George which is right across the street from the bus station so ideal for the falls visit.

When you arrive if it's around noon I would go straight to the falls from the airport, leave your luggage in the large lockers visit the falls then get the bus to Puerto Iguazu, then the next day visit the Brazilian side.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
29 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iguazu Falls - Where to stay What to do for 2 days?

Thanks for the advice. I will book at St George and cancel at Sheraton. How do You go from Airport to Falls?

Edited: 4:55 pm, July 06, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
32 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iguazu Falls - Where to stay What to do for 2 days?

Very timely thread....my husband and I are also planning a stay at Iguazu but unsure whether to spend one night or two. So far only have one night booked at the Sheraton, falls view. But the flights from Buenos Aires would have us arriving 1 pm Wed. and departing 2:40 Thursday. Is that sufficient time? We don't plan on going to the Brazilian side as we won't have visas.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
124 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iguazu Falls - Where to stay What to do for 2 days?

Gotofly - It's easy to take a taxi from the airport to the falls. There's a line of cars ready and they're all on standard pricing so there's no need to haggle or worry about getting ripped off.

sueRN - With your itinerary, 1 night sounds fine. Puerto Iguazu is actually located further than the falls itself from the airport so if you want to save time, you could go directly there. So in order to save time, you could leave your luggage in the lockers (which is what we did since we had a tight timeline as well). I'm not sure when your trip is but I just got back and since it's their winter season, it gets dark at 6PM. As far as I'm aware, the falls are much to see after dark so everyone leaves at 6PM anyway.

Happy travels folks! :-)

5. Re: Iguazu Falls - Where to stay What to do for 2 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 24, 2014