We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Nights at Iguazu Falls

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
197 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
3 Nights at Iguazu Falls

We will be arriving at Iguazu airport on a Monday morning in January and have booked to stay that night at the Sheraton. I've read that it is ideal to have one and a half days on the Argentine side and that half a day on the Brazilian side is usually enough. We have planned to have the rest of the Monday and most of the Tuesday on the Argentine side before traveling to the Brazil side and staying the Tuesday night at Das Cataratas. We booked a flight to depart from Foz do Iguazu airport at 7.55pm on the Wednesday night so planned to spend the Wednesday on the Brazilian side of the falls before heading to the airport later that afternoon. I have been planning that we see all we want to in Argentina before crossing the border and then spending the rest of the time in Brazil without having to go back into Argentina.

I've just found out that LAN have cancelled the Wednesday night flight and we have been moved to the Thursday night flight so we now have an extra day at Iguazu Falls. We now have to decide whether to stay two nights at the Sheraton and one night at Das Cataratas or one night at the Sheraton and two nights at Das Cataratas. The first two nights are already booked so the easiest option is to just add another night at Das Cataratas on the Wednesday night and I've also read in some reviews that Das Cataratas is probably the nicer of the two hotels so if we stay there the extra night that means we have all day Wednesday and also most of the Thursday on the Brazil side. While that is probably more time than we need for the Brazil side we could just relax and enjoy the extra time there.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on the best way to spend the three and a half days we now have at Iguazu Falls.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Nights at Iguazu Falls

bump :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Nights at Iguazu Falls

I have a similar itinerary planned with 1 night at the Sheraton and 2 nights at Das Cataratas, flying in and out of the Argentine airport. This gives me around 1.5 days on each side.

My plan is:

I will fly in around midday and check in to the Sheraton. That afternoon I then spend in the Argentine side of the falls.

The next day I check out of the Sheraton in the morning but spend the day on the Argentine side of the falls. The sun sets late (7:30pm Argentine side; 8:30pm Brazilian side - be careful - daylight savings time in Brazil!) so I plan to pick up my bags from the Sheraton and leave for the approx 1 hr trip to Das Cataratas to arrive in time to check in and watch the sunset from the hotel bell tower :)

The next day is a full day on the Brazilian side to take it all in at leisure. I plan to visit the Bird Park there as well.

The next morning check out in time for the 1 hour-ish drive back to the Argentine side airport for a late morning flight.

Note that you can get an early bird 10% discount for the Das Cataratas booking online, but not for a single night - you need to book a minimum of 2 nights. I couldn't find any discounts for the Sheraton, or even any of the super discounted prices I saw mentioned in some TA reviews.

It's all plans at this stage, but I hope that helps.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Nights at Iguazu Falls

MlgAus - even though it wasn't my question - sounds like a plan - thanks for your reply! When are you going?

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Nights at Iguazu Falls

P.S. Ken2222 - thanks for letting me hijack your post :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
197 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Nights at Iguazu Falls

Thanks sailexuma for bumping the thread and migAustralia for your reply.

We haven't booked the Wednesday night yet but we will stay at Das Cataratas that night as well. Our flight from the Brazil airport leaves on the Thursday evening at 7.55pm so we'll have more time than you on the last day after we check out from Das Cataratas before we leave for the airport but what better place to spend a few relaxing hours, even if we've finished our sightseeing.

6. Re: 3 Nights at Iguazu Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 22, 2014