We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions from solo traveler re: Iguazu Falls

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Questions from solo traveler re: Iguazu Falls

Hello,

I will be in Argentina in March 2008 for 7 days, spending the first 4 days in B.A. with some friends. For my final 3 days I'm on my own. I've ready about Iguazu Falls and fear that I will sorely regret not seeing this wonder if I don't go.

Any suggestions for appropriate accommodations for a solo female traveler? (I'm looking to spend not more than $150/night, and prefer something w/ easy transportion to the falls. Also, since I'm coming from B.A., I was planning on staying on the Argentina side)

Also, do you think it's best - and easiest - to book a tour (and if so, any suggestions for tour operators), or is it possible to see the sights on my own?

Thanks!

SF
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu-Okinawa
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions from solo traveler re: Iguazu Falls

It has been a while since our family took the tour there. So others may be able fill in w/ latest info.

We book our tour on a van w/other people. We stayed in the Brazil side, also.

It is a wonder of the world and it is worth seeing. Naiagara fall will look so small afterward.

Some attractions you may consider are 1.jungle walk to learn, i.e. which is a drinkable water tree, 2. jet boat ride under the fall & cayman alligator watching, 3. hydroelectric dam, etc. And maybe walk to Paraguay market, if you are willing.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,607 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions from solo traveler re: Iguazu Falls

You can do this trip on your own by prebooking your flight from Lan.com. There will be transportation from the airport to your hotel via remise car in the lugggage claim area. From the hotel another remise car will be able to take you to the national park for Iguazu where you can purchase the Gran Adventure tour for the day. It will include a jeep ride through the rain forest, a boat ride into the falls,and an ecological tour with another boat. The walkways through the park can be done on your own and they are quite organized.

For hotels have a look at the forum here and looks through the previous threads, The only hotels which I have used are Sheraton, The Grand and the Cataratas

Enjoy!!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions from solo traveler re: Iguazu Falls

If you can get a room, stay at the Secret Garden B & B -- the owner, John, can arrange all your transportation for you -- from the Falls, to brasil, the airport or to dinner. Prices are very reasonable for both your stay (about $60)and the rates with the private driver (based upon the time/distance -- but a trip to brasil and back to the falls and then to the B&B was....less than $100)

www.secretgardeniguazu.com

4. Re: Questions from solo traveler re: Iguazu Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 19, 2009