We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires and Iguazu in March

Tampa Bay, Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
11 reviews
Buenos Aires and Iguazu in March

We are planning on arriving in BA at the end of March. We will have seven days.

We would like to do an excursion for a few days to the falls. With that much time, should we do 4 days in ba and 3 at the falls? What would you suggest we do for an itinerary to make the most of our time in both areas? I would like to see the tango performed but heard that could be very pricey. Any ideas where we could see it and not spend a fortune? We will arrive Sat morning and thought we'd go to the falls on Tuesday-Thursday and come back Thursday night or Friday morning for a Friday night flight home. Is the boat ride in Iguazu pretty rough? What is the weather like then in Iguazu and ba? What hotels would you suggest in both places? We want something nice but not horribly expensive. Thanks in advance for your help.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
13,014 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Buenos Aires and Iguazu in March

The end of March is a nice time to visit Argentina. The weather is very nice at that time. I would pick either Recoleta or palermo for accomodations. There are a number of nice hotels in these areas and the locations are perfect for a first time visit to the city. Very nice medium priced hotels are: Home,Bobo, and Krista in Palermo. In Recoleta: Ayres de Recoleta, LoiSuites, Bel Air are medium priced.

Most of the tango shows include dinner so the prices are not bad by USA standards. I would suggest Carlos Gardel or Senor Tango. Both are around the same price.

Take a 3 hour tour of the city which will give you an idea of the different neighborhood, then go out and explore each area. Shopping is excellent and eating is the best. There are some nice daytrips to Colonia in Uruguay,an estancia near the city, or Tigre for an afternoon and lunch.

You can see Iguazu in 2 days. Take the first flight up in the morning then take a later flight back for your return. The Gran Adventure tour is the best to book since it includes two boat rides. Both boat rides are easy. One is very wet, but not rough. The Sheraton is good for a stay in Iguazu. It's more expensive, but the best experience for up close and personal near the Falls and you will probably not return to Iguazu so really enjoy it. during this visit.

Enjoy!!

Tampa Bay, Florida
Level Contributor
79 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Buenos Aires and Iguazu in March

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. Unfortunately we aren't going to be able to do the BA trip in March. You have given me so much great information that I am going to save it so when we do go, hopefully in the near future, I will be able to use it. Thanks again for all the advice!

Larra

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Buenos Aires and Iguazu in March

Four days in Buenos Aires will be nice (7 days would be nicer) and three days at the Igauza Falls is about right. The "Tango Madero" show at Puerto Madero in BA is just great but bear in mind that the approximately $100.00 cost is for dinner AND the show but it is really spectacular and probably the best there. A lot of BA is best seen on foot but be EXTRA CAREFUL of the "squirters" who will squirt you with mustard/olive oil and then pretend to help you get it off while they are picking your pockets (steer clear of couples who pretend to be reading a magazine or newspaper as you walk by!!!). This is a gorgeous city with very lovely people but keep your radar turned on when you are walking alone or when there are few people on the street. Check weather.com for good weather reviews for your time frame before you go.

Langley, BC
Level Contributor
6 posts
124 reviews
4. Re: Buenos Aires and Iguazu in March

We are going Jan/Feb 2009 and it was recommended we stay at the Bel Air Hotel, less costly and in a good neighborhood. Any feedback.

Also with 7 days in BA is it worth doing the Iquazu trip or should we simply enjoy BA?

5. Re: Buenos Aires and Iguazu in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 21, 2009