We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iguazu Paradise

New York
Level Contributor
322 posts
Save Topic
Iguazu Paradise

We are having a terrific time in Iguazu!!! it is absolutely beautiful, I have never seen something like this before. Our guide Ramiro is a sweetheart - we've done jungle biking, took an exciting boat ride, went to the Bird Park, etc. He even invited us to his house! Our hotel - the Iguazu Grand is fabulous!! We are already getting sad about our departure from here!! but we are looking forward to the next part of our trip. We'll be back in BA soon, I'll keep you posted.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
664 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Iguazu Paradise

Thank you Gali, keep the 'mini reports' coming!

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iguazu Paradise

Gali !!

Smart traveling !!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Iguazu Paradise

Thanks for your report, it's always nice to know that foreigners are having a good time in our beautiful country. Let us know how the rest of your trip goes, where you are going, and what you like most! Have fun!!

London
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Iguazu Paradise

Hi! it sounds like you are having a great time! did you actually go to Ramiro's house?? and what was that like? keep us informed! I'd love to hear more. Also, try to post some pics.

Portland
Level Contributor
724 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Iguazu Paradise

Gali, Please don't be shy... let us know more!!!

How much are u paying at the Iguazu Grand? Thanks

Sacramento
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Iguazu Paradise

Can you tell us where you took the bike trip from?

Thanks!!

Any food/restaurants to recommend or not?

New York
Level Contributor
322 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Iguazu Paradise

Hi guys!! yes we did go the the guide's house in Iguazu, and it was a nice place with a little balcony, where we had a few beers. He also showed us pictures of his last trip to Brazil, and he kind of fell in love with my friend, Nina!! so that was funny!!

I don't know exactly how much we payed for the Iguazu hotel as we got a "package" which was a good deal actually, it included the flights, the hotel, excursions - including the jungle bike, and the Zodiac excursion, which was unbelievable!! we got soaked! but that was so much fun!!

I'm in Punta del Este now, which is awesome!! we've had a few cloudy days, but there's great shopping, the beaches are nice -I've never seen so many beautiful people! they actually get all dressed -up to go to the beach! sooo.. different from some places in Europe, Hawaii or other beach destinations - it's funny. People are a bit snobish and self coscious, but we have a few really, cool local friends that have helped us get by, for instance with going into clubs at night (not an easy thing), etc.

We were going to leave here on the 5th but are now trying to stay!! I'll post a full report about my trip when I'm home.

I want to thank everyone for all your help!!

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iguazu Paradise

Gali an idea :

Take a bus or hike to Jose Ignacio thats 20/25 minutes by car (not on rush hours)from the Peninsula , stay at the N beach and lunch at one of the South looking restaurants (ask for Ravas and clericup ):))

Some people (specially Argys) can be stupidly snobish over there, I agree...but generaly are trying too be snobs but fail of course....Anyway very nice people too.

Portland
Level Contributor
724 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Iguazu Paradise

Gali, which hotel are you staying in, in Punta del Este?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Iguazu Paradise

Gali, you really do know how to have fun!! can I go with you on your next trip?? jaja jajjjaa because I see that you like to party, in Punta you should go to Tequiila! also try Buda bar. and, which hotel are you staying in? are you in La Barra or in La Punta??