We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Mendoza or in the wine country?

Which Mendoza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dallas
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stay in Mendoza or in the wine country?

Hi! We'll be in Mendoza for 2 nights. Should we stay in the town of Mendoza or outside town in the wine region?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Mendoza or in the wine country?

The city of Mendoza is not far from the wine region, so wherever you stay you'll be fine - just a short drive away from either the city (if you are in the wine region) or the vineyards (if you decide to stay in the city). Make sure you make appointments before showing up at the vineyards!! Have fun!! Mendoza is greattt!

dallas
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in Mendoza or in the wine country?

Thank you Ilana! We are trying to decide between staying at the Park Hyatt or Finca Adalgisa (about 10-15 min. out of town). Do you know anything about either of these places?

Tarrytown, New York
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in Mendoza or in the wine country?

We stayed at the Finca Andalisa last March and loved it. We live in NYC and much prefer to stay in the country when we can.

We did go to Mendoza and had drinks at the Hyatt, it is lovely, but in the city. A taxi was only about $10 to go from the Finca to DT and the people at the Finca give you a taxi company's name that knows where they are. I asked the concierge at the Park Hyatt to arrange the taxi back (gave him the card of the taxi company) and they were extremely obliging! (I tried to give him a tip and he refused.)

Anyway to get back to the Finca, it's small and lovely, set in the midst of the vineywards. The staff is extremely helpful and will make reservations for dinner, arrange tours, etc. If you're looking for a place that is quiet and relaxing, stay at the Finca, if you would like more "sophistication" and a downtown feel, stay at the Hyatt.

Perth
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay in Mendoza or in the wine country?

Hi,

I just came back from traveling in Argentina. It was incredible. I found some great travel tips and recommendations from www.ontheroadtravel.com. They have a section dedicated to Mendoza that is really helpful.

Have fun!

Perth
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay in Mendoza or in the wine country?

Oops! Forgot the point of my post! Finca Andalasia is a great place. It's also nice to stay in town and see some of the sites nearby. Its easiest to take a tour from town (you can spend a full day visiting wineries) or if you are more adventurous you can rent a car and explore on your own (that's what I did). It is a bit of an undertaking because the roads are tough to navigate and the wineries are not well marked, but the countryside is beautiful!

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay in Mendoza or in the wine country?

Hey, Hey... I am absent some days and you forget not only Mendoza produces wines? What about Salta with its great weather, beautiful moutains and more varied sceneries? What about the cahnde to see the Salt Flats and the 7 colour mountains in Jujuy? What about TORRONTES which an unique wine only produced in the most beautiful province of Argentina????

lestexas, visit Salta, you will never regret.

Giena

Perth
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stay in Mendoza or in the wine country?

If you want to visit the wineries, talk to Aventura & Wine. They offer personalized trips throughout the Mendoza region and they just started doing tours to the vineyards in Cafayate (near Salta). Contact Ana at info@aventurawine.com

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stay in Mendoza or in the wine country?

I would suggest you make your decision based on which bodegas you will want to visit. Although you can arrange for transportation at reasonable prices, if you want to cover a good number of bodegas then its smart to stay in a location that will save you time in between places to visit.... else, you will be "wasting" valuable time in a vehicle that may be used to visit another producer and have another tasting.

Example: If you want to visit properties in the Valle de Uco then its perhaps not too good an idea to stay in town or in Chacras de Coria.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
229 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stay in Mendoza or in the wine country?

Hello all, we are going to Mendoza (and Valparaiso) over Christmas break. How or where can I find out more about Finca Adalgisa?

London
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Stay in Mendoza or in the wine country?

We stayed at Finca Adalgisa and it was fab. the staff was friendly and personable, and the restaurant there was great. I highly recommend it.