We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mendoza is great but I recommend staying in Chacras de Coria

Which Mendoza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville...
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mendoza is great but I recommend staying in Chacras de Coria

We spent four incredible days touring the vineyards of Mendoza and loved every minute of our trip to this region of the world. We elected to base ourselves in Chacras de Coria, a wonderful little town 20 miles south of Mendoza. We stayed at Casa Glebinias and it is the one place in the world where I most wish to return. Keep Chacras in mind when planning your Mendoza travels! My full Mendoza trip report may be found at the following link:

foodie-girl.com/2013/03/the-vines-of-mendoza…

Córdoba
Level Contributor
571 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mendoza is great but I recommend staying in Chacras de Coria

I always recommend staying in Chacras de Coria as well!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mendoza is great but I recommend staying in Chacras de Coria

Chacras is indeed a nice place to stay. One of my favorite places is Lares de Chacras.

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mendoza is great but I recommend staying in Chacras de Coria

I've been looking at staying in Chacras de Coria rather than in Mendoza city. Most of what I've read makes it sound like a nice and quiet place to stay, but I have read some blogs that say there are a lot of nightclubs there, which sounds at odds with it being a quiet place outside the city.

If anyone had any info on this, it would be appreaciated and help me decide whether to stay there or not.

Thanks

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mendoza is great but I recommend staying in Chacras de Coria

Thanks for the info, great for anyone planning a trip in the near future.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,674 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mendoza is great but I recommend staying in Chacras de Coria

olly - it's a quiet rural suburb. There may well be clubs there, but I think most clubbers would be in the city-centre.

It's the difference between Soho and Epsom....

California
Level Contributor
230 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mendoza is great but I recommend staying in Chacras de Coria

Thanks for your report on Mendoza. Enjoyed reading about your wine tour. Loved it. We are anxious to stay at Chacras de Coria next October.

7. Re: Mendoza is great but I recommend staying in Chacras de Coria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 06, 2014