We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mendoza to Santiago by bus

Which Mendoza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clinton, MS, USA
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Mendoza to Santiago by bus

Hi all, I'm planning a bus trip from Mendoza to Santiago in December, and have a question about where to sit. I will be purchasing upper level seats for the view, but is there much difference between front and back of bus? Thanks for any help!

Ontario, CAN
Level Contributor
487 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mendoza to Santiago by bus

When we did the trip 2 years ago we sat upstairs in the very front seat - it was fabulous! No other seat would be the same!

Mendoza, Argentina
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mendoza to Santiago by bus

If the sky is clear, you can get a 45 second view of Mt Aconcagua, the highest mountain outside of Asia, on the right side going to Santiago (left side going to Mendoza, obviously). From Mendoza, when you see the giant shed past Puente del Inca), it is on the crrest of the hill past that that the view starts.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,701 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mendoza to Santiago by bus

"When we did the trip 2 years ago we sat upstairs in the very front seat - it was fabulous! No other seat would be the same!"

I agree. We traveled this route in March and were in the second row, but would have found the very front seats even better.

Canberra, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Mendoza to Santiago by bus

Just wondering, if you had a choice between 2nd row cama and front row semi-cama which would you chose (particularly if you were 6'4'' with broad shoulders)? I am also planning this trip and trying to decide which tickets to book. Thanks!

Clinton, MS, USA
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mendoza to Santiago by bus

Thanks everyone! I ended up getting second row on the top. The very front was already booked.

Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
339 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mendoza to Santiago by bus

We are taking the bus from Mendoza to Santiago in September, it is best to take the top seats?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,273 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mendoza to Santiago by bus

You get a smoother ride toward the middle of the bus. if you suffer from motion sickness, I would sit there. Some buses have semi-transparent advertising on the top front window. Really, it is up to you. You will get views from any window.

Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
339 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mendoza to Santiago by bus

Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mendoza to Santiago by bus

Can tickets be booked in advance? I've checked several companies but didn't find anything bookable ..

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
10,273 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mendoza to Santiago by bus

You can book Argentine companies in advance online but not Chilean ones. Try Andesmar or Cata. Most websites won't let you book until about a month out.