We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver Guide & now FRIEND-Awesome private GUIDE for Mendoza

Which Mendoza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ft Worth TX
4 posts
Save Topic
Driver Guide & now FRIEND-Awesome private GUIDE for Mendoza

I would just like to add FANTASTIC review for Maurico Molina. We just returned from a week in Mendoza. We were a group of 11. Maurico MADE our entire trip PERFECT. It was more like having a family member showing us his home town than a hired guide. We ALL enjoyed every place he took us. His English is PERFECT, his knowledge of Mendoza is endless, and his company delightful.. I am sure every member of our group would agree with these thoughts, and then some. IF you are planning a trip to mendoza and looking for the PERFECT addition to you trip Maurico is the MAN for the JOB.

His email is: mauriciomolina1@yahoo.com

New York, NY
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driver Guide & now FRIEND-Awesome private GUIDE for Mendoza

I want to echo Paul's recommendation. My fiancee and I just returned from a trip to Argentina and our wine tour with Mauricio was one of the highlights. His choices were perfectly tailored to our interests and he seemed to know everyone at every winery we visited. If there are specific wineries you want to go to, he'll make the arrangements. If there are particular styles of wines you want to taste, he knows the best wineries for any imaginable preference. All for the same price as the tour groups (less if you're splitting the cost between more than two people)! He speaks fantastic English and his knowledge of and love for Mendoza is endless. Every drive was peppered with interesting facts about the surrounding area, the owners of the next winery, or, since it as primary season back home, American politics.

In addition to the email address Paul posted, you can find Mauricio here: http://mendozaprivatedriver.com/

Trumansburg, NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driver Guide & now FRIEND-Awesome private GUIDE for Mendoza

I would like to echo the last two reviews regarding Maurico Molina. My wife and I went on a winery tour with him today (2/11/12). On our way to the Uco Valley, I mentioned it would be nice to go to a winery in Lujan. He quickly responded to this suggestion and we went to Achaval-Ferrer, one of the leading Malbec wineries. After visiting Salentein and Andeluna (where we had an excellent six course lunch). We stopped on the drive back to Mendoza at El Lagar Carmello Patti, a one man operation, who produces excellent wines. Maurico is not only knowledgeable about wines, the local wineries and Mendoza, he also made helpful suggestions for the next stop on our trip -- Buenos Aires. Maurico is the ideal guide and driver.

Tampa, FL
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Driver Guide & now FRIEND-Awesome private GUIDE for Mendoza

I sadly disagree with all of these posts. I actually hired Mauricio based off the posts and regret it. I am posting now because I do feel that people should be aware. I planned a trip with my husband, sister and brother in law. I told Mauricio the 4 of us would be coming for a tour at a winery and then needed transfers to and from our hotels. He quoted me 325 dollars for the tour for 4 hours and the 4 transfers. NOTE: OUR TOUR WAS ONLY 4 HOURS LONG SINCE WE ARRIVED SO LATE TO MENDOZA AND HE WAS AWARE OF THIS. I am also super organized and send him all my details. When we arrived he wasnt there and sent another man by the name of Miguel. His car was TINY. So tiny the three of us who sat in the back were SQUEEZED and our luggage didnt even fit into his car and we had to sit on it. The wine tours were ok, but its very clear Mauricio and Miguel choose places based on where they get kick backs. Miguel told us Mauricio was sick but he didnt realize there was 4 of us so he would request a larger car for our transfers. For our transfers, did we get a larger car...NOPE. We also got ANOTHER DRIVER (not Mauricio). This driver was very VERY kind, but clearly left in the dark as he asked us for payment even though we gave miguel 440 dollars and he told us he paid Maurciio. The Other driver once taking us to the airport demand payment and called Mauricio who said "yes it is not enough ask for more money". I told him that he needed to refer to the emails which I brought printed with me. He denied it. Either way, the driver felt badly after we told him what we paid for 440 dollars for a 4 hour wine tour in a tiny car?!!??! no - that is CLEARLY WRONG. Maurucio never even emailed to tell us the change in plans of him not taking us or anything. He also claimed he went extra miles and would give us boxes to ship our wines back in...we never got that. I am pretty sure the last driver also never got paid. Overall - not really the BEST in Mendoza. We met so many others who paid MUCH less and had real nice down to earth people. I wouldnt taint your experience like ours was with Mauricio. We had drivers in Iguazu and Buenos Aires and none ended up as bad as Maucricio (and all were much cheaper with better cars). You'd be better off in a taxi even. RIP OFF AND CLEARLY MISTREATS HIS DRIVERS HE SENDS ON HIS BEHALF. I would definately urge you not to go with Mauricio even though he is the only one with a web presence. I have email chains to prove all of this too...

CHARLOTTE
Level Contributor
820 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driver Guide & now FRIEND-Awesome private GUIDE for Mendoza

Sounds as though you should have punched the guy in the nose for enduring that crap. So sorry to hear that.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driver Guide & now FRIEND-Awesome private GUIDE for Mendoza

Not really sure what happened in @sarahodonn's case but I just returned from a trip to Argentina that included a 3 day stop in Mendoza. Two of my buddies and I used Mauricio for our wine tours and our experience with him could not have been better. We had a different driver the first day simply because another group had insisted that if Mauricio did not pick them up they would not go on a tour. Granted our trip was in the offseason but we never once had to endure a crowd. Almost every tour we took was for just the 3 of us. We went to some of the best wineries in the area and even the Pasrai olive oil factory and a nice local restaurant for a sampling of clay oven pig and rabbit.

Mauricio was a knowledgeable and very accommodating guide. Helped me get a SIM card for my phone and drove around till we found a pharmacy and cigars when we needed them. We shared several lunches together and even had dinner with his entire family our last night there. I'm by nature not a very trusting individual but feel 100% confident in recommending Mauricio to anyone visiting the area.

6. Re: Driver Guide & now FRIEND-Awesome private GUIDE for Mendoza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, June 22, 2013