We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aconcogua Natl Park

USA
Level Contributor
33 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Aconcogua Natl Park

My husband and I will be in Mendoza in late November and would like to take an excursion to Aconcoqua. We won't have a car. What' s the best way to arrange such an excursion. We'd be interested in a full day trek.

buenos aires
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aconcogua Natl Park

I suggest you renting a car. It's not expensive and you'll have the freedom to go everywhere and stop wherever.

On the way to Aconcagua, you can stop at Uspallata, Villavicencio, and you can even go to the Cristo Redentor (limit with Chile).

Also, there are several spots where you can do rafting.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,589 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aconcogua Natl Park

There are organized excursions for the day to Aconcoqua. Just check at your hotel for the list of programs. The day trek would probably include a visit to the Inca bridge and a trek to the suspension bridge in the Park which was built by Hollywood for the filming of 7 years in Tibet. It's a very enjoyable day. with wonderful views and a little short of breath. You can,also do this via private car or by hiring a remise driver for the day.

Enjoy!!

buenos aires
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aconcogua Natl Park

For me the day trip option of the organised tour is best. Its relatively cheap, goes to all the sites, has a knowledgable driver and you can sit back and take in the views. They will also record the journey on DVD and give you a purchase option. I had to close my eyes coming down from Cristo Redemptor with its gravel track and hairpin bends, and doing that would not have been a good idea if I had been driving.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aconcogua Natl Park

I would definitely not recommend renting a car to drive around Mendoza. The roads here, while being ok pavement wise, are crazy and dangerous. The road rules are not really rules, but rather "guidelines" and the drivers dart in and out of lanes very quickly and without looking. It is rather dangerous to even walk across the roads, and in the program I am in (I am studying abroad and living in Mendoza) they even recommended to us that we not rent bicycles because of the road danger. Instead, i would hire a remises for the day. With the US exchange rate, things down here are very cheap, including taxis. I would definitely recommend doing this over driving yourself (also, considering the corruption of the government officials, it is not widely recommended that you rent a car in the event that you are stopped and hasseled by the local law enforcement). Good luck with your trip! Enjoy the area!

5. Re: Aconcogua Natl Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 07, 2009