We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help planning mountain vacation in mendoza!

Uvita, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
need help planning mountain vacation in mendoza!

My husband and I are going to Mendoza this September, and were wondering if anyone could recommend a good inn or cabinas, away from the city, preferably near the mountain range with lots of grounds. How cold do the nights get this time of year? I've seen great reviews about places in chacras de coria, anywhere else we should look at? thanks!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need help planning mountain vacation in mendoza!

I would suggest you look into the Tunuyan location of Postales del Plata. Another option is Posada Salentein.

September should normally be Spring.... but in Mendoza and in the evenings it will be chilly. Still, nothing like the northern hemisphere winters so you should be fine.

Please note that Chacras de Coria is not exactly "out there"... while its not in the middle of the city and some accomodation options are ample.... if you want to be out near the mountains Chacras de Coria is not the best option.

A high end option (pricey) is Cavas Wine Lodge.

2. Re: need help planning mountain vacation in mendoza!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 04, 2009
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question