We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Weekend: Day Hikes in Cordoba

Buenos Aires...
3 posts
Save Topic
Long Weekend: Day Hikes in Cordoba

Hi,

I am trying to plan a trip to Cordoba from Buenos Aires for this coming long weekend (Arrive Thursday morning, leave Sunday night). I am mainly interested in doing some good hiking in the sierras, and besides that would like to spend a day/night in the city of Cordoba. I was hoping to do at least 2 good day-long hikes in the Sierras and have found a few good options, but am having trouble patching together an agenda because everything is pretty spread out and I won't be renting a car...

Are there two particularly good hiking spots that I could string together in a two day period via public transport? Or if you have any additional advise on the subject, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Mike

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Weekend: Day Hikes in Cordoba

I think you may enjoy Capilla del Monte. There are frequent buses from Cordoba City to Capilla del Monte and there are several hikes that may be of interest to you in this area. Cerro Uritorco is the most famous one, but you could also go on several others nearby. Have a look at http://www.capilladelmonte.com.ar/. The other alternative is to go to Cosquin http://www.cosquinturismo.gob.ar also in the Sierras Chicas of Cordoba. If you want to go to the Sierras Grandes then I would suggest you base yourself in Nono or Mina Clavero. All these places have regular bus services from Cordoba City.

Buenos Aires...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Weekend: Day Hikes in Cordoba

Thanks for the input! Right now my itinerary looks like this:

Thursday full-day hike in Cumbrecita

Friday half-day hike in Cumbrecita, bus back to Cordoba

Saturday morning bus to Capilla del Monte, full day hike at Cerro Uritorco then bus back to Cordoba

Do you think this is doable? Also, between Capilla del Monte and Cumbrecita, which do you think deserves a day-and-a-half compared to just one day?

Thanks so much for your advise!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Weekend: Day Hikes in Cordoba

I like the Capilla del Monte area, but perhaps it is because I know it better. I am not sure about your itinerary, if you hired a car it would be easier. If it was me I would pick one town to stay in and do hikes in that area. Splitting those very few days in two could be too much. If you are coming from Buenos Aires which is at sea level you have to take into account that Cumbrecita is at almost 1500 meters above sea level and Capilla del Monte about 1000 meters up. The change is noticeable in the first couple of days. You wanted one day in the city so perhaps your current plan of going to Cumbrecita is a good one, just lengthen it a little. Hope this helps.

Buenos Aires...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Weekend: Day Hikes in Cordoba

Thanks so much for all the help Anna!

5. Re: Long Weekend: Day Hikes in Cordoba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 20, 2014