We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cordoba or Villa General Belgrano (for Oktoberfest)

Which Cordoba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cordoba or Villa General Belgrano (for Oktoberfest)

I will be in the Cordoba area from September 28-October 2. I would like to spend 2 days visiting Oktoberfest in Villa General Belgrano. I am a single female traveller-30 yrs old who likes beer and folk music :)

My question is this: Should I spend the Friday/Saturday at Oktoberfest (I think its opening weekend) and then go to Cordoba for the Sun/Mon/Tues? Or should I do it the other way around and spend the weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun) in Cordoba and then go to Oktoberfest for Mon/Tues? I guess what I am wondering is whether there is a lot more going on in Cordoba if I go on the weekend as opposed to the weekdays?

Does anyone have an opinion one way or the other? Thanks in advance!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cordoba or Villa General Belgrano (for Oktoberfest)

IMHO weekend at the October fest and spend Monday and Tuesday in Cordoba. Many people go to the mountains and rivers etc on the weekends so Cordoba city is more lively on weekdays!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cordoba or Villa General Belgrano (for Oktoberfest)

Thanks so much!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
209 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cordoba or Villa General Belgrano (for Oktoberfest)

I agree! I suggest you to stay at Posada Las Acacias. It's a family hotel, inexpensive and well located. Maciek, the owner will give you any piece of advice you need! We've been there a couple of years ago and we had a great time.

4. Re: Cordoba or Villa General Belgrano (for Oktoberfest)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 20, 2013