We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Language lessons in / near Cordoba

Which Cordoba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Banbury, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Language lessons in / near Cordoba

Hi,

Looking to spend a week around Cordoba in May, and would like advice on individual language lessons for my husband and me, 2 hours a day. If it's possible to do this somewhere more interesting, such as in the mountains, so much the better. If not, is there stuff to do in the afternoons post-lesson (e,g, any half-day hikes etc)?

Thanks,

Qrious

Cordoba, Argentina
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Language lessons in / near Cordoba

Hey there, I'm from cordoba, I'm not sure if there are institutes for spanish lessos in the hills but I'm certain there are some in the city. It's not that far if you want to go to the hills some day, there are plenty of this to do here.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Language lessons in / near Cordoba

I liked Coined Language School on Caseros in Cordoba ciudad. It was 4 hours per day and any less would not have been enough to learn. The teachers were great & the whole outfit was quite professional but still relaxed & enjoyable. Activities in the afternoon augmented the moring lessons.

Córdoba
Level Contributor
571 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Language lessons in / near Cordoba

Hello Qrious,

I have a friend here in the village who is teaching Spanish to English speaking persons. She gives lessons for groups and for private persons. I can contact her if you want.

We live in the hills of Córdoba, where you can easily rent a cabin for a week and do all kind of adventure activities (hiking, mountain biking, horse back riding, etc.).

Enjoy Argentina!

Manchester...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Language lessons in / near Cordoba

Other than Coined, are there any other recommended spanish schools in Cordoba?

Córdoba, Cordoba...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Language lessons in / near Cordoba

Hi Qrious,

I am a foreigner who has lived Cordoba for two years. I recommend the Universidad Nacional de Cordoba Facultad de Lenguas "Español para Extranjeros" program. It is a big more structured and with more serious students than Coined. (Coined is great but is the learning spanish party school.) There is also SET idiomas.

I now study with a private teacher, Sonia Barbero. Her email is soniabarbero AT gmail.com. Sonia is wonderful and can tailor classes to your needs. I highly recommend her.

Córdoba, Cordoba...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Language lessons in / near Cordoba

Hi Qrious,

I am a foreigner who has lived Cordoba for two years. I recommend the Universidad Nacional de Cordoba Facultad de Lenguas "Español para Extranjeros" program. It is a big more structured and with more serious students than Coined. (Coined is great but is the learning spanish party school.) There is also SET idiomas.

I now study with a private teacher, Sonia Barbero. Her email is soniabarbero AT gmail.com. Sonia is wonderful and can tailor classes to your needs. I highly recommend her.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Language lessons in / near Cordoba

Voyagingknoxv....

I am trying to apply for that course at UNC, to begin in August. How do I go about applying and how much does it cost, for a semester? Any other info you have would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Córdoba, Cordoba...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Language lessons in / near Cordoba

Hi Dan,

It looks like the website is down right now, but the facebook page is https:/…128803518503.

The coordinator's name is Florencia Avalos, she is really sweet. I would just go by the office when you get to Cordoba. They will tell you about the prices, class times, ect. then, and set you up a day to take the entrance evaluation to determine your level. The Facultad is at the corner of Velez Sarsfield (the main road in Centro) and Caseros. Go into the building and Espanol para Extranjeros is the office immediately to your left.

I am not sure about the prices now, but send me a message if you have any other questions about Cordoba.

Take care,

Wendy

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Language lessons in / near Cordoba

Dan

I e-mailed espanol@fl.unc.edu.ar for more details. I'm going to be there from August as well so maybe meet you there.

Paul

10. Re: Language lessons in / near Cordoba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, March 05, 2013