We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires 25th December

Gumpoldskirchen...
Level Contributor
39 posts
75 reviews
Buenos Aires 25th December

Dear fellow Tripadvisers,

I would like to know any recommendations for a day out in Buenos Aires on the 25th December. I read on many places, that most attractions will be closed on that day. We are a family with 4 teenagers. I wonder if the restaurants and excursions at el Tigre will be closed? Or will Parque de la costa be opened? We are open to any suggestions. Thanks.

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
296 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: Buenos Aires 25th December

Most things will be closed, it is a national holiday and most people just stay at home you'll see that the city feels empty with almost no traffic.

I checked on Parque de la costa's webpage but it doesn't specify if it'll be open or not, it usually opens during national holidays so it might. Most small stores and that kind of stuff will be closed.

The only thing known for being always open on both christmas and new yeas eve is the Barrio Chino (chinatown)

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
319 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Buenos Aires 25th December

Having spent Christmas Day in Buenos Aires it is true that many attractions are closed, however, we used the day just to wander around and enjoy looking at the city. There were cafes and some restaurants open. I must admit we really enjoyed the relative quiet and lack of traffic and being able to sit outside in the sun eating lunch - so different from a North European Christmas! I think we ate our main evening meal in our hotel.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,474 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: Buenos Aires 25th December

In all the years we lived in BA ... Christmas was the one day that there was absolutely no traffic noise from the streets :)

Everyone who can, leaves town. It is a family holiday, everyone closes up shop and goes home .. in the touristy areas, there may be a few cafes open, unless things changed drastically since I lived there .. For a tourist, it can be annoying but at the same time, look at it as a day that you have the city more to yourselves, since the residents are with their families. Just be sure you know where your meals will be ...

Edited: 8:45 am, October 22, 2016
Gumpoldskirchen...
Level Contributor
39 posts
75 reviews
4. Re: Buenos Aires 25th December

Thank you! Tha sounds like a great idea.

5. Re: Buenos Aires 25th December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 25, 2017