We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

leavin on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again..."

Ok, so my bags aren't quite packed and I do know my return date...but I do have my ticket purchased and my space reserverd for a mid-November trip. I used a discounter and still had to pay US 1269 for my ticket for a direct flight from DFW to EZE. I could have flown for less by connecting two or three times, but the fare was still high and the trip time was horrendous (22 hours each way for the lowest fares).

I wanted to reserve a room at the Cocker, but the room I wanted was booked. I still want to go visit and check this place out. The web site looks great and the reviews are good! Next time I will reserve earlier...This trip I will go back to the apartment in Palermo where I have stayed for my longer trips the past couple of years. It is very nice and I know my way around the neighborhood.

I will be in Buenos Aires for a week and plan to try at least one new restaurant per day! Suggestions to put on my list?

I have eaten in many a restaurant in Buenos Aires, but I have barely scratched the surface. After reading the thread on ice cream, it looks like I will have to visit a couple one-shop establishments. mmmmmm, I love a good cono....

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

I have accepted your reservation for an asado at my place on the 11th. If you feel you will be tired from the flight, we can do it on the 12th, but I prefer Saturday, because that day I'm in town and can drive you out to my home. I'll send a few e-mails to other candidates, once I have your RSVP.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
664 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Too tired for a Saturday asado after a 20+ hr. flight?? Nothing that 4 double cortados & some coffee-flavored helado can't fix! You're on!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

For dessert, we'll have that beer-flavored ice cream NYGa_by bought six months ago. It's still in the freezer, with no takers. LOL!!!

Philadelphia PA
Level Contributor
629 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

I just booked an APRIL 2007 flight for $700 (including taxes), one stop, from EWR to EZE (stopover in Miami)

Is it because you booked for an immediate flight that you paid that much? Or is there something about April I dont know about (worry, worry, worry...)

Jerry

England
Level Contributor
306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

DTinPDX we are also staying in suite 12-06 in Jan - I look forward to reading your review of it when you come back.

dr dawggy have a great trip.

madrid
9 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Dr.Dawggy,

I can suggest you "Morelia", in Palermo Hollywood.

Great food and service...not that expensive.

Good luck.

New York City
Level Contributor
344 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

November 12th asado???

I will have to see if that dates works, but asado in Alberto KOTH house?

I can't pass on that! Alberto you are going to be driving people to your place like last time?

I can work on the ice cream if you like.

Good deal!!!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Ga___by: There must be something wrong with my computer. I don't recollect having invited you!!! Joke!! LOL!!!

BA
Level Contributor
709 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Have you tried Azema (Carranza & Costa Rica)?

20. Re: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 24, 2009